Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Horrible Drivetrain Noise! Scraping! Grinding!

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Backed out of the driveway, heard a sound coming from the chassis.
Drove further and the problem intensified. Only occurred when moving.
Called a dealer. They were backed up and couldn't look at my car for over a week.
They suggested I have it towed in as a precaution. YIKES!
Remembered I knew a nearby mechanic who I hadn't seen in years.
Drove to his shop and they immediately put the car on a lift.
Several mechanics swarmed my car with flashlights and a small angled mirror.
After a few minutes, this is what they found ...
IMG_0456aa.jpg

Seems a squirrel thought the best place to store his latest find was in between the area of my exhaust and driveshaft.
The mechanic didn't want any $$ for his troubles, but I left a very generous tip anyways.
Thanks for reading my true story, hope it gave you an end of the week laugh!
If you had a similar experience, please post.:)

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
I was freaking out over a grinding sound recently as well. I assumed it was the dreaded rotor issue, but alas, the exhaust just needed to be slightly adjusted after doing a Downpipe install.

I preemptively ordered front pads/rotors, so they are sitting in storage until the current ones wear out. 😅

If you had a similar experience, please post.:)

OP
KIA-StingerGT
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #3
I preemptively ordered front pads/rotors, so they are sitting in storage until the current ones wear out. 😅
I have nearly 30,000 miles on my car, occasionally experience the disc pad caused brake vibration issue. Never had any loud noises associated with it though.

Good call though on your being ready ahead of time. When my brakes need replacing, definitely going aftermarket unless KIA has a fix for it by then.

Yeah, sure they will ...:rolleyes: