Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

hey guys

pwnallperformance

Vendor
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim Pownall and I'm the owner of PwnallPerformance.com I've been looking into getting a kia stinger and doing the ecu flash service from our vendor VRTuned. I wanted to do a little research on the platform first so I wanted to join up. I see people are having issues with spark blow out when running higher boost so I wanted to look into some of those issues.

Thanks!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim Pownall and I'm the owner of PwnallPerformance.com I've been looking into getting a kia stinger and doing the ecu flash service from our vendor VRTuned. I wanted to do a little research on the platform first so I wanted to join up. I see people are having issues with spark blow out when running higher boost so I wanted to look into some of those issues.

Thanks!
Welcome! We're having a meet in Austin at the end of the month. Come join us.
https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/th...nger-owners-Meet-quot-Stinger-Swarm-Meet-quot

OP
pwnallperformance

pwnallperformance

Vendor
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Hey there, I recognize your name from the FiST Forum. [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] and I both made the switch to the Stinger.

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Has anyone ran the VR Tune yet?

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
Almost every chip/tune I've read has experienced plug issues.

OP
pwnallperformance

pwnallperformance

Vendor
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Hey there, I recognize your name from the FiST Forum. [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] and I both made the switch to the Stinger.
Haha I remember both you guys :) I'm in my 4th fiesta st right now after selling the 500whp focus st. I sell the VRtuned software for the stinger, but I'm asking my friend hptuner who's an engineer at hptuner if they have any plans to add support for the stinger. Currently building a short block for my project fiesta st to hit the 500whp mark. First fiesta 1.6 block with a pressed in block guard!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Welcome

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Haha I remember both you guys :) I'm in my 4th fiesta st right now after selling the 500whp focus st. I sell the VRtuned software for the stinger, but I'm asking my friend hptuner who's an engineer at hptuner if they have any plans to add support for the stinger. Currently building a short block for my project fiesta st to hit the 500whp mark. First fiesta 1.6 block with a pressed in block guard!

That's amazing. I'll have to keep an eye on your build thread.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Welcome looking forward to seeing some results.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard. It will be great if you get a Stinger for the shop to do R&D ala Tork Motorsports. Currently the aftermarket support has been well received by the owners, but there are still a few areas where development is still lacking, hopefully you will be able to help with that [wave]

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Welcome!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Almost every chip/tune I've read has experienced plug issues.
Without regapping your plugs, this is correct. If you close the factory gap or replace with new plugs with closer gap, the car works fine.

Dubb80

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
That's funny so did I. Nothing but a COBB stage 1. Hoping to get my Stinger June 24

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
That's funny so did I. Nothing but a COBB stage 1. Hoping to get my Stinger June 24

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
haha awesome, I was getting tired of pouring thousands in the car to get 40whp lol. Either way welcome to the group.[drinking]

OP
pwnallperformance

pwnallperformance

Vendor
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #17
Not giving out any names, but got a word that hptuner may or may not be working on the stinger ECU to offer flash support. Guess we'll see!

I hit up my vendor vrtuned and they told me they can only bench flash the ecu at this time, but I'll be packaging spark plugs with the tuning.