Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hey from Vegas

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Hi, it's about time to get the wife a new car and she's obsessed with the Stinger. After a test drive I'm pretty pumped about it too. Looking for good deals, can't believe the extra bs charges I'm seeing at dealers near me.

The wife wants the premium with drive wise, but I think she'll settle for base model with drive wise. We'd both like the GT if the price is right.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I purchased mine from Findlay.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi, it's about time to get the wife a new car and she's obsessed with the Stinger. After a test drive I'm pretty pumped about it too. Looking for good deals, can't believe the extra bs charges I'm seeing at dealers near me.

The wife wants the premium with drive wise, but I think she'll settle for base model with drive wise. We'd both like the GT if the price is right.
Get the base GT, you'll be much happier with the extra power over the Premium.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome!

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Welcome and good luck car shopping.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Welcome!

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard [MENTION=660]ScubaSteve[/MENTION]. Hope you end up finding a great deal.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Welcome

OP
S
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
I purchased mine from Findlay.
Seems to be the only place around that's not price gouging.

Had quite an experience over at Jim Marsh. They are a bunch of idiots, and their lowest price GT is yellow and in their showroom, and they won it in some contest, and they won't let anyone drive it. And dude wouldn't shut up that they won it. Like anyone cares?

We wanted to compare the 2.0 with the 3.3 and clearly told them we're not interested in a 50k car, so I suggested, by looking on their website, to drive the cheapest one they had which was the yellow one. Instead they put us in a GT1 they want 51k for. Ok... whatever.

We'll be heading to Findlay soon, but I think I want to drive the alfa romeo giulia before I pull the trigger.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Jim Marsh is awful, their sales are clueless when it comes to dealing with customers, especially the ones that are spending $50k. The Yellow one is a limited production of 400 and they did have to win a sales contest in order to get one. But if they're not going to let people test drive it, what's the point of trying to sell it. Let me know how you like the Giulia.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Get the base GT, you'll be much happier with the extra power over the Premium.

[MENTION=660]ScubaSteve[/MENTION] I drove a GT AWD and I can defer that opinion. I'd take the Premium over a GT. The GT has almost zero options, definitely not worth $44k which was how much that one was. I'd save some money, get the Premium, piggy back tune if you want more speed, and call it a day.

...Or wait for the '19 model year and you'll get more options available on probably all trim levels. My .02

Cheers

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States

Welcome!

Don't give in to the BS, some dealerships think they have a Ferrari on their lot. Soon enough the price will come down to what it should be listed at. My local dealership in Cary, Hendrick Kia, are straight shooters. No BS or crazy markups on their Stingers.

Good luck with the buying process

-Paul

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0l Premium
Welcome and enjoy.

Firemedix
Lakeland, FL

'96 Ford Bronco XLT
'03 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
'18 Kia Stinger 2.0 Premium (Micro Blue)

OP
S

ScubaSteve

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Funny story, the plan was to possibly utilize the leash cash, then buy the car out to save a few grand. I had my research in and was narrowing down exact options, we (the car is technically for my wife) found the one dealer in the area that is selling for MSRP and picked a few cars that are close to what we want. We were looking to wait 1 week until we close on a condo we're selling, but.... her current vehicle started having transmission issues all the sudden. I wasn't about to risk it, car complaints says this cars transmission goes around 80k, we're at 78k, with a repair cost of 2 grand. Screw it, let's drive it real slow to the dealer and get the Stinger.

Stinger, GT, Blue, Drive Wise

I couldn't be happier for my wife's new car. Still in break in so haven't pushed it too hard. Have you noticed if you push the gas all the way to the floor (I did this while it was off) there seems to be a button at the very end? What's that about?

Looking to replace the kia badge with the flying K, and remove the Stinger all together. I think everyone would just wonder what they just got smoked by, I know it would drive me crazy.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Congrats [MENTION=660]ScubaSteve[/MENTION], the little button on the pedal is called a kick down switch which is supposed drop it down a gear.