Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Greddy Korea intakes and BOV for the 2.0T and 3.3T Stingers

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Greddy CAI for the 3.3T

Greddy BOV

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Any data on how much power increase?

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Why does this intake look so wimpy compared to [MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION]'s? [biggrin]

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Shocking to see there's no heat shield.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
The K&N still looks better.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Can someone explain to me why they decided to aim the filters slightly backwards?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looks like the Jonnytig's filter has the front part blocking the airflow to the intake so it sucks nothing but hot air from the engine only.

The K&N has the heatshield with a cut out for the airflow to continue to the filter.

The Greddy doesn't impress me. Looks like they are aimed away from the airflow too.

I love my K&N.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
BOV = [:0]
CAI = [facepalm]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Some of Greddy's intakes do have a heat shield, not sure why they chose not to include one with this. My guess is it probably won't do much to protect against heat soak.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Pricing?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
$400 for those intakes?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
At $400, noway is this remotely a good deal nor comparison to the other two intake system.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Looks like the Jonnytig's filter has the front part blocking the airflow to the intake so it sucks nothing but hot air from the engine only.

The K&N has the heatshield with a cut out for the airflow to continue to the filter.

The Greddy doesn't impress me. Looks like they are aimed away from the airflow too.

I love my K&N.
The front of filter doesn't block airflow lol. Air flow is directed under filter so it doesn't suck hot air from the engine bay. If you haven't modded your intake ducts like we have then it wont be pulling much cool air at all. We picked up a proven 15hp at the wheels or 19hp at engine. So far the highest power we have seen from any other intake kit available.

Attachments

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The front of filter doesn't block airflow lol. Air flow is directed under filter so it doesn't suck hot air from the engine bay. If you haven't modded your intake ducts like we have then it wont be pulling much cool air at all. We picked up a proven 15hp at the wheels or 19hp at engine. So far the highest power we have seen from any other intake kit available.
Can you share how you modded your intake ducts?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Some of Greddy's intakes do have a heat shield, not sure why they chose not to include one with this. My guess is it probably won't do much to protect against heat soak.
Correct. Any aftermarket air intake with the filter inside the engine bay automatically looses its purpose, no mater how many heat shields you put around it, it will still suck warm/hot air from the engine.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Correct. Any aftermarket air intake with the filter inside the engine bay automatically looses its purpose, no mater how many heat shields you put around it, it will still suck warm/hot air from the engine.
There's quite the debate over this and nobody has proven it either way, especially with the Stinger. One thing people who make this argument tend to forget is that fresh air is flowing through the intake pipe while driving, which keeps temps rather even. This argument went on and on in the Gen Coupe scene several years ago until someone did a before and after dyno with two different intakes (K&N heat shield stye & RRM basic SRI style) after cold start-ups AND after spirited 30-minute drives. In the end there was literally no difference in performance gain that each had. After that these debates literally died out. I only use this as an example because the intake layout and OEM air ducting is pretty similar to the Stinger. Personally, I think the fact that when a car has an air duct system that constantly feeds cool air from outside, it negates the "hot engine bay incubator theory". Of course, if the car is just sitting there idling then you may have more of a point, but for all intents and purposes, we're discussing driving situations here. Also, considering that these intakes are pointed towards the corner of the engine bay, that is a big consideration too. Its not like 1990's era Civics where the filter was literally next to the engine in the middle of the engine bay. That would certainly lead one to believe heat soak comes into play.