Welcome to the #1 Genesis G80 Forum and Genesis G80 community dedicated to Genesis G80 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Genesis G80 Forum today!

Genesis #3

Bosox1

Reactions
City
Williamsburg
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 G90
My first Genesis was the old model. 2011. I still own it and it has given me not a second's worth of problem. I said it was going to be my last car purchase but I couldn't resist the 2019 G90. That, too, was a great car and gave me no trouble at all. I traded it in with only 16,000 miles on it and not a mark on the body. Somebody got a gem of a car when they bought it from the dealer.

Several months ago out of a clear blue sky I just had to have the 2023 G90. There was only one car available Within a 125 Mi radius and that was in my hometown. Black. My wife said I wouldn't keep it clean but that car is so magnificent that it would be a sin to let it stay dirty

I had the pre tensioners replaced yesterday as they were recalled and I had the dealer look at the electronics because For the First Time I had a problem with a Genesis. I parked the car on Tuesday night and everything was but on Wednesday morning none of my electronics were working properly. Apparently it was not a serious issue as they're back online now and I think everything is working well. I'm not used to having problems with Genesis and this new model is just so fantastic I certainly don't want any to start now. I'm curious to learn if anyone else runs into the same issue.

Tldglobal

Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 g90 supercharger
I had a similar experience where I tried to start my g90 escape and the battery was dead. I waited a few minutes and tried again and it cranked normally. This has happened twice. Then the 3rd time I was getting my car detailed and they had the doors opened to clean the inside and by the time they finished detailing the car the battery was dead again. I tried cranking the car and nothing. Waited a few moments and it started right up. I checked the Genesis app and there is a DSC warning that was reported. Also there is a ⚠️ that will not turn off. Now all my tires are reading low pressure but the right amount air is in the tires. I am assuming the TPMS are gone bad which is weird on a brand new car. I had the car special ordered in March. To date I only have 3k miles to have these issues is disheartening.