Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Ford nixes Fusion redesign

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wonder if it's going to affect the Lincoln MKZ since it's a shared platform?

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Little modifications here and there and it should be fine. Sales for it are already top-notch.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
We have a Ford Fusion right now and its been really reliable, I would be sad if Ford discontinues the car even though we are planning to see ours to make room for the Stinger.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
We have a Ford Fusion right now and its been really reliable, I would be sad if Ford discontinues the car even though we are planning to see ours to make room for the Stinger.
Want to know the reason I will NEVER buy a Fusion? It is almost the pettiest thing I can think of.... The windshield wipers. The opposite direction isn't what gets me, it's the mediocre operation of them. If you've ever been in the current gen Malibu, it has the same wipers. Those are very fluid and precise. The mechanism on the Fusion ones are not far from the stone age. Choppy operation, different speeds on the same settings, etc.

I've been waiting for a discussion to come up regarding a Fusion so I could talk about it lol it's maddening

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Want to know the reason I will NEVER buy a Fusion? It is almost the pettiest thing I can think of.... The windshield wipers. The opposite direction isn't what gets me, it's the mediocre operation of them. If you've ever been in the current gen Malibu, it has the same wipers. Those are very fluid and precise. The mechanism on the Fusion ones are not far from the stone age. Choppy operation, different speeds on the same settings, etc.

I've been waiting for a discussion to come up regarding a Fusion so I could talk about it lol it's maddening
Lol, so I'm not the only one?? I always liked the design of the Fusion but I cannot and will never warm up to those wipers. I had three of them as loaners when I took my last car in for service and legit enjoyed driving them, but each time I hoped I would never need to turn the wipers on...

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

The wipers on the Fusion are indeed a little floppy, but for the most part I haven't really had much issues with them.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Lol, so I'm not the only one?? I always liked the design of the Fusion but I cannot and will never warm up to those wipers. I had three of them as loaners when I took my last car in for service and legit enjoyed driving them, but each time I hoped I would never need to turn the wipers on...
You're not the only one, my friend lol I was considering a Fusion hybrid because of my 60 mile commute/day. We get plenty of company cars up at the airport and I've driven one. Enjoyable, yes. But as soon as I turned the wipers on, that killed it for me..

The wipers on the Fusion are indeed a little floppy, but for the most part I haven't really had much issues with them.
It's an overall nice car. I see why people like them and especially if you get one certified that comes with the 7yr/100k mile warranty. I'm nit-picky when it comes to cars so the wipers are a no go lol

Last edited: