Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Electrical Gremlins

Reactions
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Stinger GT2
Hello everyone. New owner here, with a problem already. I bought my GT2 last Thursday. After sitting in the driveway with the car off for a few minutes after driving home from the dealer, the car went completely dead. Was skeptical it was a battery issue as there wasn't any light from the dome lights. This was at 6:30. I left a message for my sales rep and they were going to come out in the am. At 9:30, I went outside to let the dogs out, and can see that the headlights are shining bright in the driveway. I grabbed the key, and when I went outside, the dashboard was also lit up and the car turned over and started quickly at full turnover speed.

The next morning, I told the rep that he didn't need to come out as the car was again working, and I could bring it in but probably wouldn't do it right away since things were working. I ran around for a few hours with no problems at all, starting and turning it off several times. Mid afternoon, I go out to the driveway, unlock the car, get in, and as soon as I hit the key, all electric goes dead again. I got out of the car, and as soon as I shut the door, the dashboard lit up. Got in the car again and pushed the button, and everything went dead again. Got out again, shut the door, and the dashboard lit back up and the nav screen came on. This time I got in, but left the door open and hit the start button, and it started right up. Took it in on Saturday, and so far they can't figure anything out. Luckily, I took videos when this happened on the second day, so it is documented.

Has anyone had anything similar happen? I've been looking online both before purchasing and now, and these cars seem to be pretty reliable. Definitely not seeing another post like mine yet. The unfortunate thing is I really liked the car for the 100 miles or so I put on it already.

I appreciate you guys reading a somewhat long post.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, I've never heard of anything like that from anybody else, It's probably just an anomaly with your car. Lose wire or something, the hard part is tracking it down..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 0