Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

dash camera

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
I've been looking for a dash cam for about a month, looking for a dual channel where the rear camera mounts on the back window, not sure if there are crevices to hide the cable. needs to have GPS stand up to heat live in the desert. all the reviews I have read are promising and then you find the bad ones, some will say the camera is junk, poor customer service, ect. has anyone on the forum had good experiences with any dash cams around $250.00

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Pay a bit more and get the Blackvue, you'll be glad you did.

OP
B
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
Cajun Stinger do you have this in tour stinger, which model # is it dual channel and have GPS

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Cajun Stinger do you have this in tour stinger, which model # is it dual channel and have GPS
I have the single channel right now with front the facing camera only. The one that VegasStinger posted is the 2 channel with GPS and rear camera just not as good as the DR750S.

The DR750S can record up to 60fps but cost $400.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I've been looking for a dash cam for about a month, looking for a dual channel where the rear camera mounts on the back window, not sure if there are crevices to hide the cable. needs to have GPS stand up to heat live in the desert. all the reviews I have read are promising and then you find the bad ones, some will say the camera is junk, poor customer service, ect. has anyone on the forum had good experiences with any dash cams around $250.00
Since you use your car for business you can probably deduct the entire cost as a business expense.

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
I have an older Lukas LK-7950 WS in my Optima. Works great. Front and rear cameras, although I mounted the rear camera on the bottom of the mirror behind the front camera so it captures the cabin/occupants and drivers window (where a PO would appear if I were stopped). You can see out the back window when there isn't a glare, but I wanted it more for he said/she said should I be pulled over.

Attachments

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
[MENTION=242]WS6_Keith[/MENTION] have you ever sent your V1 in for a hardware update? I have an old one from 2006 but haven't justified spending the money to send it in.

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
Yes. I had one I bought in 2001. Sent it in and they gave me a new one.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Yes. I had one I bought in 2001. Sent it in and they gave me a new one.
Sweet you get a new one, thought they just upgraded the guts. It cost $289 right?

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
Yes, I believe that was the case. It was about 4 years ago now.

jonessw

Reactions
City
Perris
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 kia stinger gt1
I installed a viofo A129 cam in my GT1. Instead of running the cables to the rear camera along the top of the doors by the air bags. I ran them along the bottom of the doors so it will not interfere with air bags. When hiding the cables by the A~pilar, make sure you DO NOT cross over the air bag. Run the cables behind them.