Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Custom DRL Project - Instruction Page

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Wanted to start this thread, I have these on order, they are bright, unlike the glow sticks that are currently being sold. I am doing a retrofit, already have an extra set of inserts from the drls I purchased and dislike. I looked at these pretty close and think I can use my Dremel to cut them out and use. Will be 2-4 weeks but will post pics, and process used as I go through the setup. Only 174 bucks but individualeds all way across so no bright/dim spots and a professional exterior finish. Pretty excited to give it a go:)

http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subar...g-light-bezels-2015-wrx-2015-sti#.XSP6mrMpAlR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
Following this post

robz32

Staff Member
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Really looking forward to this. Been looking for something that can be retrofitted into the glow sticks, like you call them, without luck, this looks very promising. Did measure to make sure the length is the same as ours?

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
I emailed them twice, with no response, ours measure 8.5 inches. I've looked at hundreds of options. Since they did not respond I just ordered a set, I will measure and send back if won't work. I will let u know but based on what I could tell from research these should be close. I have other drls saved but these appear to be the most promising.

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
These are longer than 6.5 inches which seen to be the size of many. They are also very bright and have a good design and width. I've done a lot of custom work with plastic weld, plexiglass, Dremel, etc... I won't do it unless I can make it look professional. Will keep u updated

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Lights arrive Wednesday of next week, will take close up pics with measurements, document what my plan is and each step of process here.
I paid 159 + 13 for ground delivery for the subspeed switchbacks, they sell just the lights(no turn function) for 124. eBay also sells cheaper options for as low as 55 dollars. I would strongly caution against the eBay lights.
Many are just not bright or are like these and will show hot spots:

More to come next week!

robz32

Staff Member
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks for the update.
Yeah those on the ebay screen shot are the JDM DRLs and don't light up completely, like the subispeed ones.

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Strike one!!
They would have been perfect except the are 11 inches, our sweet spot is 8, although 6.5 -8 will work.
Thinking Camaro drls, anyone who can help research let me know. Would have been so much eaiser if subspeed would have just responded to my email request, now gotta go through returns:)

OP
Chris71
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Should have a pic of version one next week, wed-thurs. This has been more about trying materials but want to show first attempt. Planing V2 as I finish V1:)

May take another 2-4 weeks of testing before I have something I would recommend. I'm looking for not just better but much better than current option.

Pics soon