Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Christmas tree lit dash then nothing?

Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT1 RWD
This morning I took my 2022 GT1 out for a morning spin to get a car wash. The air was crisp and foggy, perfect morning to roll the windows down. Everything was great. After about 8 miles of driving, I accelerated past a SUV and heard a beep. My dash notified me that the Blind Spot Monitor system was disabled temporarily. I glanced back up and another beep. Now I was being alerted that my Lane Assist was disabled temporarily too. I then noticed that my dash was lit up like a Christmas tree (check engine light, oil light, battery light, etc). I pushed down on the gas and nothing. I was in limp mode. No throttle response or anything. I was able to pull off to the side into a neighborhood. My engine was revving while idling. I turned the car off and started it back up. It would start, rev up and down for a few seconds around 1,000 RPMs and shut off again. I did this once or twice again and same thing. Then I got out to check the engine bay. I know little about engine bays and didn’t see anything that seemed odd. No smell or leaks or anything, at least from what I looked at. I got back in and gave it another go but decided to give it a little help in the revving as I assumed maybe it was having a hard time starting. I pushed the gas pedal revved it up to about 3000 RPMs and then tapped it repeatedly to hold it at 1,000 RPMs. At this point all the lights were not lit except the check engine light. I could put it in drive, reverse, and everything. The light was just still lit. I turned the car off and waited a few seconds and once again started it back up. The check engine light was gone! Completely clear dash as if nothing ever happened. I continued as normal. Ran it thru the touchless wash and drove it all in all about 12 miles (after the check engine light was cleared). It dry be flawlessly and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Anyone have any experience like this before? I have no idea what it could be?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, sorry to hear the issues you're having. I don't know anyone that has had that problem, the next time the car does take a video of it so you have proof and take the car to the dealership.

OP
ValleyStinger
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia Stinger GT1 RWD
Thread Starter #3
Welcome, sorry to hear the issues you're having. I don't know anyone that has had that problem, the next time the car does take a video of it so you have proof and take the car to the dealership.
Thank you, yeah I wish I took a video. I actually work at a Kia dealership so it’ll be easy to talk to them tomorrow

Reactions
City
clinton
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
22' Stinger GT Line
Just had this happen. Does anyone knows what's the issue? Thought it was the cold at first messing with the sensors but now I'm not sure. Driving 1300 miles to my new home in a few days and I'm about to freak out