Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Chassis Subframe Collar Kit

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Has anyone used this kit?
ATQ subframe collars
Not trying to shill for K8 but the video on their site did show some potential slop in the subframe components that these things would reduce or eliminate. If the stock components remained tight They really shouldn't move around unless you shacked the chassis around pretty good.
It's a pricey little kit too. Anybody install this or have any comments?

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Has anyone used this kit?
ATQ subframe collars
Not trying to shill for K8 but the video on their site did show some potential slop in the subframe components that these things would reduce or eliminate. If the stock components remained tight They really shouldn't move around unless you shacked the chassis around pretty good.
It's a pricey little kit too. Anybody install this or have any comments?
I installed the Shark racing aluminum Bushings along with Ultra racing chassis bracing x3. Both improved cornering and handling GREATLY.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Yes @zilwin, I have the ATQ collar kit installed, four of the subframe bolts in the front are tapered. The ATQ collar kit replaces those four bolts, it is more expensive but worth it but after you install the kit you need to have your car realigned.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Same. I just had my ARK coilovers put on, but already had the steering collars, subframe connecters, eibach swaybars and whiteline adjustable sway bar end links and those were great. I put them all in together. Now with these coilovers on and set at 6 clicks from the stiffest on front and rear it's a completely different car. Zero body roll, 75% of the front to rear squat on full throttle launches have been removed. The only thing I have to do still is bring the rear up to level as it is a hair below the front. But I'm going to wait until 2 weeks pass and I feel like the springs have settled. Then next is wheels.

Reactions
City
Bandar Seri Begawan
State
Non-US
Country
Brunei
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I installed the Shark racing aluminum Bushings along with Ultra racing chassis bracing x3. Both improved cornering and handling GREATLY.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Do you have any installation manual, I purchased mine and it did not come with one unfortunately.