Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Catback vs Muffler deletes

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
So, Ive got the itch and only wanna scratch it once lol.

Sound aside, is there a benefit to a full 1500+ dollar catback vs a 300 muffler removal?

Which mufflers are people removing for the muffler removal / no drone / max performance? I have really found a good write up or legit dynos for the removal mod alone.

I been eyeing the JUN BL GT? catback, which he claims +39HP, but +39HP even to the crank seems...... EXTREMELY generous. I don't even notice what they did other than change mufflers and polished the pipe(lol). Nobody seems to be oversizing the pipe at all.

So, Im trying to hash out once and for all, price to performance, does a full catback deliver 1500-2k dollar results for the Kia Stinger.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
IIRC All aftermarket exhaust options for the Stinger currently use an oversized pipe (2" to 2.5") hey also remove a lot of the restrictions (bends and crimps) from the whole system (catback)

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I think you need to decide what it is you want out of your exhaust: performance? sound? looks?

The OEM exhaust is a mess of crimped and odd shaped sections put there to make plenty of clearance so there would be no knocking or other noise/issues. There seems to be "easy" power to be had and most aftermarket exhaust mfrs are claiming gains. Be careful of the sound, though. That's a very personal thing, and if what you install has drone, you'll go crazy on a road trip.

OP
V
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Yea I found some good pictures. it seems the mid pipes are not to bad, but that axle back is a mess of crush bends and the likes.