Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Blue Stinger GT on display at CA dealership

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I thought it was a hoax but apparently there's a real live Stinger GT on display at Carson Kia. It's not for sale obviously but it's a good sign when they start showing up at dealers to build up public interest. I spoke to a salesman to see if they had any idea when they would start arriving, and he gave the same ole line we've probably all heard; "late October at the latest, per Kia".

Either way, we're getting close, folks....

Attachments

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Wonder why they chose Carson of all places in CA. Either way its great to see some progress on the Stinger making it to our shores.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Wonder why they chose Carson of all places in CA. Either way its great to see some progress on the Stinger making it to our shores.
I think they chose them because they're supposedly number one in volume in CA. The salesguy made it sound as if it was making the rounds so it should be hitting other dealerships soon.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
How the hell do the yanks get one first?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I thought it was a hoax but apparently there's a real live Stinger GT on display at Carson Kia. It's not for sale obviously but it's a good sign when they start showing up at dealers to build up public interest. I spoke to a salesman to see if they had any idea when they would start arriving, and he gave the same ole line we've probably all heard; "late October at the latest, per Kia".

Either way, we're getting close, folks....
Here is another confirmation.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/us-kia-stinger-gt-floor-cars-are-hitting-california-1797391255

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Believe it or not we don't have large "motor shows" down-under anymore. The debut cars have pretty much already hit the market internationally and due to different seasons and transport issues we never really got the full gamut of concept cars either. The internet has kinda had an impact and the days of spending $30 to stand in a queue to sit in a ford falcon that you can sit in for free at a dealership are long gone. The rising costs of setting up a display at a convention centre have also prohibited the accessory and tools people from attending. From memory they trialled alternating bi-annually between Sydney and Melbourne for a while but it fell over a few years ago.

The stinger did debut at a KIA sponsored tennis event a few months ago - unfortunately I not heard of the beast then so missed out on seeing one in the flesh.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/videos/2018-kia-stinger-gt-unveiled-at-2017-australian-open/

I heard a rumour there are 4 (or so) currently running round Aus doing suspension and exhaust testing but I'm not sure anyone's spotted one for a while.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I would have to guess this a mid-range to top tier 3.3. The wheels, the hood scoops, non-matched side mirrors give me the hunch. I wonder what the stock height is on the AWD compared to the RWD units. The front wheel gap gives me another sense that this may be AWD. Either way, it looks pretty. damn. good!

I'm in the market for one when they release it but have been seriously contemplating a Chevy SS. I'm more of an LS guy so they need to hit showrooms so I can drive one before I pull the trigger on the SS...