Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Blow Off Valves.

RIGSGT2

Reactions
City
Elgin
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
GT2
Sorry guys If this has already been discussed but I used the search button and nothing came up.
So, with all brands and adjustability is hard for me to pick up a good BOV.
And let me be clear I'm ignorant in this so, are the brand and adjustability that important or all of them do the same it's just a preference if you want them to make any sound?
So far I have seen:
  • TMS Adjustable BOV.
  • GFB Hybird dual outlet Valve (3 valves in one, diverter valve/BOV)
  • Turbosmart dual port
  • Forge Motorsport BOV
  • GFB Respons TMS Adjustable venting bias system diverter valve
  • GFB Mach 2 TMS Recirculating diverter valve
  • HKS super4 SQV sequential Valve.
What this list which one be a good valves that will complement all this upgrades and achieve maximum potential and can make good sound.
Help me decide.

Thanks.
RIGS.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
All BOV do the same thing, the stages of the BOV, I do believe is for sound. I run the TIAL 50mm so mine is loud all the time..

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
HKS super4 SQV sequential Valve.

Don't have one personally but people love HKS blow off valves.

With that said watch lots of videos and pick the one that you want based on sound those are all quality brands.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
R

RIGSGT2

Reactions
City
Elgin
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
GT2
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys for the response but, I'm still stuck with the technicality of BOV settings or diversity for recirculating setting or atmosphere setting .
What is better?
To have a set of valves to always be recirc back to the turbo for it to not loose too much boost during shifting or the 50/50 split between release to atmosphere and recirc?
The release to atmosphere that's when they make the loud air sound because is expulsing all the pressure out into the small trumpets but, that's bling in my mind and will that affect the performance of the car because, instead of sending all that pressure to recirc and help the turbo to not loose boost instead to be expelled outside and loose boost.
I'm I correct on my assumptions how this works?

Csu87

Reactions
City
WINDSOR
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 g70
Thanks guys for the response but, I'm still stuck with the technicality of BOV settings or diversity for recirculating setting or atmosphere setting .
What is better?
To have a set of valves to always be recirc back to the turbo for it to not loose too much boost during shifting or the 50/50 split between release to atmosphere and recirc?
The release to atmosphere that's when they make the loud air sound because is expulsing all the pressure out into the small trumpets but, that's bling in my mind and will that affect the performance of the car because, instead of sending all that pressure to recirc and help the turbo to not loose boost instead to be expelled outside and loose boost.
I'm I correct on my assumptions how this works?
theres really not going to be much of a difference blowing off or recirculating. There might be a slight reduction in spool time, but in all my years of running BOV and Recircs, it isnt really noticeable, especially with the small turbos these have stock.

what it all boils down to is the sound. Do you want the high pitched chirp of something like the HKS or the pshh sound of something like the turbosmart.

as far as reliable brands, ive ran HKS, Turbosmart, tial and Synapse in systems up to 35psi without issue. ive been running synapse for the last 7 years or so with no complaints. I prefer synapse cause you dont have to mess with springs and ive never had any surge or any issues with it at low boost or high boost.

If you decide HKS, just be wary of the knockoffs. There are a lot of fake HKS getting sold in places like ebay, and those will have boost leaks or fluttering.

SkinnyKid

Reactions
City
Aurora
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 GT1
Never understood why someone would pay this kind of money so that your car makes a sound...

I just make the sound myself when the car shifts. Way cheaper.

Csu87

Reactions
City
WINDSOR
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 g70
Never understood why someone would pay this kind of money so that your car makes a sound...

I just make the sound myself when the car shifts. Way cheaper.
Once you start pushing more boost, most factory diverter valves start to leak. Havent heard where that point is on the stock g70 diverter valves yet though.

another thing to consider is some of the aftermarket BOV/Recirc Valves have quicker response times than stock ones. Again, with low boost and stock turbos, not a big deal, but once you start increasing one of those, it will help.

But yeah, on a stock car, i agree with you.