Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Anyone been able to “re-trim” parts of the dash to make older ones closer to ‘22 GT2?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Hi Folks:

Minor really, but I love the new Canadian suede for the materials on the dash, and I really feel the quality of materials on the dash of my ‘18 GT2 is one of the weakest points of the car. I don’t see it being worth upgrading just for that but I’ve seen some really impressive re-upholstering work in the past and wondering if anyone has done that and/or if it’s even possible to do.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I’m also curious if anyone has tried installing the 2022 rear valence with the bigger exhaust tips. Makes the car look so much more aggressive. Appears that it would fit. Anyone?

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Hi Folks:

Minor really, but I love the new Canadian suede for the materials on the dash, and I really feel the quality of materials on the dash of my ‘18 GT2 is one of the weakest points of the car. I don’t see it being worth upgrading just for that but I’ve seen some really impressive re-upholstering work in the past and wondering if anyone has done that and/or if it’s even possible to do.

Thanks

Well, I went to have a look at the ‘22 models. The GT1 has the identical interior to last time. The GT2 in the US is pretty much identical. The suede option is only available in Canada for now, and the GT2 regular option looks like the current one but with some fake stitching that’s supposed to look like leather, but looks like the current materials with fake stitching stuck on. Disappointing that they didn’t make the interior slightly more upmarket. Anyway, you can ignore my question above.

djerickd

Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GTS
totally possible, I have the silver 22 steering wheel trim installed as well the taillights. I'm looking for the part number for the gauge cluster surround that has the silver trim on it now.