Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

LAP3 Uncle Chip review

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #21
I debated whether or not to add this, since it's such a bad edit. But, here it is, just to give an idea of what to expect. I'll get another video this week, when I can get outside the city:

[video=youtube_share;_uUnUn-Pygo]https://youtu.be/_uUnUn-Pygo[/video]

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Nice, about 5 seconds to 60.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #23
Nice, about 5 seconds to 60.
My handy stopwatch had it a skosh over 4 secs, I dont know why it's stretched after uploading; I tried to cut it where it starts at the launch and stops right at the 60 mark.

I'll get a better one next time...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
My handy stopwatch had it a skosh over 4 secs, I dont know why it's stretched after uploading; I tried to cut it where it starts at the launch and stops right at the 60 mark.

I'll get a better one next time...
Run the lap timer to see what you clock.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #25
Run the lap timer to see what you clock.
[?|]
I forgot about the timer! What's your boss's name, I'm gonna call and demand they give you a raise...lol

Thanks for the tip!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[?|]
I forgot about the timer! What's your boss's name, I'm gonna call and demand they give you a raise...lol

Thanks for the tip!
[MENTION=48]TurboTx[/MENTION], Darnell. (563) 386-1511

LOLOLOLOLOL

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Every dealer needs a knowledgable and honest salesman like [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION][^]

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I debated whether or not to add this, since it's such a bad edit. But, here it is, just to give an idea of what to expect. I'll get another video this week, when I can get outside the city:

[video=youtube_share;_uUnUn-Pygo]https://youtu.be/_uUnUn-Pygo[/video]
Gotta love launch control.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thanks [MENTION=2]KiaFan[/MENTION]!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
How?s the chip now that you?ve been driving with it for a while? Any changes like what others said might happen? Noticeable performance gains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #31
How?s the chip now that you?ve been driving with it for a while? Any changes like what others said might happen? Noticeable performance gains?

Still amazing, and still no issues, thankfully. I figured I would be bored with by now but it still makes me giggle everytime I punch it.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I?m leaning towards picking one up

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Which site are you guys purchasing the Lap3 tune from?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Still amazing, and still no issues, thankfully. I figured I would be bored with by now but it still makes me giggle everytime I punch it.
Did you install the oil catch can that was recommended?

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #36
Did you install the oil catch can that was recommended?

Fraid not; up until two weeks ago I didn't even know what a catch can was..lol

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Fraid not; up until two weeks ago I didn't even know what a catch can was..lol
Ya me too

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX-T
I was under the impression... that.. the stock ecu relearns over what the piggyback provides in terms of gains... and in something like 5 days time whatever gains were had from I'm guessing increase in boost.. are nullified. . Because computer sees added boost and adjusts back to stock... which is why most people are waiting for the flash tune... someone correct me please if I'm wrong...
I have this same box in my Optima. It connects to the MAP and TIP sensors. It basically sends back a lower pressure reading from the sensors to the ECU, which causes the ECU to turn up the boost a bit higher using the wastegate control solenoid. As boost (and airflow) goes up, the full time widebands keep the air/fuel ratio in check and the car adds fuel as necessary for the extra air. The car is not going to compensate around this change, since it doesn't know something has changed.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I have this same box in my Optima. It connects to the MAP and TIP sensors. It basically sends back a lower pressure reading from the sensors to the ECU, which causes the ECU to turn up the boost a bit higher using the wastegate control solenoid. As boost (and airflow) goes up, the full time widebands keep the air/fuel ratio in check and the car adds fuel as necessary for the extra air. The car is not going to compensate around this change, since it doesn't know something has changed.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #40
So I wanted to post an update about something I mentioned early on; driving in Comfort mode. Last week I challenged myself to go at least 3 days using only Comfort, instead of only Sport. I wanted to see if it would have any effect on MPGs. I don't know what happened but driving in Comfort is COMPLETELY different than it was the first few days; it's actually pretty fast now!

I take back everything I said before, it's not groggy in Comfort, instead I would say it's simply relaxed. In fact I've been driving strictly in that mode for exactly a week now. Even with me beating on it just as I did in Sport, I'm averaging about 2 miles per gallon better than I was when I used only Sport (hasn't dropped below 20 yet).

I can't say enough good things about this chip. I'll try to get some acceleration videos next time we get above 60 outside.