Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Deposit down on Stinger and G70

Kevsim

Reactions
State
CO
Country
Canada
So today was the day to decide which car I was going with.. And I couldn't.. So I put $2k down on a stinger and $1k down on a G70 sport. (all deposits are rufundable) The stinger is a white gt2 with red interior that the dealer has coming sometime in Feb. The G70 is silver with black/red stitching interior, not going to be here till April.
The hard decision will be after I take that first drive in the stinger.. I know I'm going to love it and saying no after that might be impossible.. I'm just really torn on both cars.. Maybe once the G70 final pricing is released my decision will be made for me.. But if the G70 is priced as aggressive as the stinger is in Canada then I could have a tough few months..

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
So today was the day to decide which car I was going with.. And I couldn't.. So I put $2k down on a stinger and $1k down on a G70 sport. (all deposits are rufundable) The stinger is a white gt2 with red interior that the dealer has coming sometime in Feb. The G70 is silver with black/red stitching interior, not going to be here till April.
The hard decision will be after I take that first drive in the stinger.. I know I'm going to love it and saying no after that might be impossible.. I'm just really torn on both cars.. Maybe once the G70 final pricing is released my decision will be made for me.. But if the G70 is priced as aggressive as the stinger is in Canada then I could have a tough few months..
Both are great looking cars, price is going to be a factor for sure.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
I was looking at the Korean site and the price difference (before options) between the cars is about 3000000 South Korean Won, which translates to $3k.

spill6

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
C300 sport package W205 Obsidian
In Canada the price will be about $1500 difference (G70 higher) for top end all options assuming a 56K G70. I'm assuming a 6 year finance.

G70 includes admin/freight/PDI/etc. And pre-order 1.9% interest rates for up to 84 months. Do the math after financing interesting and consider 2K in service included on the G70.

This may help...

I am 6' 1" 190lbs.

Stinger: I checked out the Stinger GT a month ago (blue - didn't like the colour) and when I first sat it in I was impressed with the interior quality 'for a Kia'. Driving position just felt 'right' and 'very good'. I might put this in par with an Audi A3 interior (or a slight step below), but not A4 quality. Better interior than a new gen mustang premium and ultimate tuscon (sorry, just comparing to cars I've driven). Add a new gen Accord Touring to that list. That's a disappointing interior for 39K IMO. Ok back to the first impression, the stinger felt roomy and I had good knee room. I currently drive a C300 (W205) and it's pretty good, but sometimes feels a bit 'narrow' for front seat knee room (door to center stack) so I want to go with something a tad for interior space. Stinger looks great in person. In Canada 50K + 1700 freight/PDI + 400 admin GT2. It's larger, more spacious than my C300, and it has the hatch practicality. I have only seen the medium blue colour in person. I would definitely go either ghost grey (= ceramic silver) or red for paint. In Canada there is no red leather on ghost grey or that would make it easy!

G70: I really wanted to love the G70. Saw the pre-order page up and was all set to put a deposit down. Then...checked it out yesterday as it's at the boutique in Square One (actually I got lucky as I just went in to see the Mallorca Blue on the G80 Sport as I knew they had that...) and sat it in. No test drive yet obviously. I was starting to lean this way vs Stinger GT as I really want a 'luxury' car interior. Looks wise (exterior), I think G70 is nicer than the stinger. But this is subjective. I would go with Red or Mallorca (same as Lapis?) blue. Probably blue. Sat it in. I read in one article it felt 'squeezy'. That it did. My head was just brushing the roof if I leaned forward a tad (like when you get it or probably when i'm reaching for the touchscreen). This was a 3.3T sport with diamond quilted leather....and the leather didn't feel all that great. It was nice, but not special / supple nice. Definitely better than Dakota leather in BMW, but not like the nappa leather in a 5 series comfort seat. And not as nice as G80 Sport leather....those are nice seats. The dash 'stitching' pretty sure is the fake stitching on soft plastic mold. Definitely not soft and 'leather squishy' like the MB tux (leatherette) covering my C300 dashboard. So that was disappointing too. If you don't touch anything, it all looks great. But when you touch things you know right away this is not Audi or MB quality interior. It *might* be on par or better than the current 3 series as the leather is better than the 3 series sport seats leather. The back seat is really tight. Really wanted to love it. But after getting back in my W205 with sport package exterior and interior, I just couldn't. It was more about the squeezy (small interior space) feel than the interior quality though. If you aren't tall and you don't have back seat passengers that often, I think this could be a great car for you.

So due to value, the Stinger GT is on my short list. Or looking for a spring deal on an XC60 inscription, base A6, '18 330xi, S90, 530i.