Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Surround camera and wireless charging to be available on Special Edition Kia Stinger

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
This is confirmation that we didn't get the 360 camera and wireless charging was to keep the prices down. Still doesn't explain why Canadians got these options and their Stinger still costs less.

According to [MENTION=251]JBell[/MENTION] at Kia "It's a matter of making sure the Stinger GT remains within a certain price point"

JBell said:
We spoke with Kia's US director of corporate communications James Bell [MENTION=251]JBell[/MENTION] and Orth Hedrick, vice president of product planning about this very issue, and it boils down to one thing: pricing. "It's a matter of making sure the Stinger GT remains within a certain price point," Bell said. " We want to ensure it remains accessible for buyers at the pricing we promised." Adding those two features, even as options, is apparently enough to make the US market Stinger too expensive. For whatever reason(s), this isn't the case for the countries on America's southern and northern borders. Weird. It's just how it is.

However, Hedrick also told us a special edition Stinger GT will arrive next summer and will have both a surround-view camera and wireless charging. It wasn't made clear whether both will be standard or optional, but the point is they'll be there for those who want them. Of course the special edition will cost more than the Stinger GT currently on sale, but it's still too early to know how much exactly. The Stinger GT pictured here is also the same vehicle shown at SEMA last November and its body kit accessories are on sale right now, such as the front winglets. "We're working to bring even more accessories to owners in the near future," Hedrick added.

Hedrick also hinted there's more in store for the Stinger GT, even beyond the upcoming special edition. An even more extreme version with more power and suspension upgrades, perhaps? "We can't comment at this time, but things are happening with Stinger GT, yes," Hedrick added.

https://carbuzz.com/news/here-s-why-the-us-spec-kia-stinger-gt-lacks-two-important-features

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I knew it would just be a matter of time before these options would be available.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It was bound to happen...The important question is, at what cost? I mean the Canadians already have it and the price of the car is currently lower than a same spec in the US.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
It was bound to happen...The important question is, at what cost? I mean the Canadians already have it and the price of the car is currently lower than a same spec in the US.
^^^THIS^^^

And as a side note, the 360 camera wouldn't cost a whole lot more. For example, for my 2015 Cadenza, the mirror cameras would cost $288.94 each. And the front mounted camera would cost $1171.20. Who wouldn't spend an additional $1500 for surround view? The logic that KIA of America is spewing is flawed. It would make sense if the Canadian version was priced well above our counterpart, but it's not. The whole thing KIA had going for it was you got MORE for less than the other brands. When they took away the additional features, that's not totally true anymore. The only thing I can say that we Americans (as a whole) are greedy so corners were cut to keep more money in the pocket.

Just my two cents....

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
^^^THIS^^^

And as a side note, the 360 camera wouldn't cost a whole lot more. For example, for my 2015 Cadenza, the mirror cameras would cost $288.94 each. And the front mounted camera would cost $1171.20. Who wouldn't spend an additional $1500 for surround view? The logic that KIA of America is spewing is flawed. It would make sense if the Canadian version was priced well above our counterpart, but it's not. The whole thing KIA had going for it was you got MORE for less than the other brands. When they took away the additional features, that's not totally true anymore. The only thing I can say that we Americans (as a whole) are greedy so corners were cut to keep more money in the pocket.

Just my two cents....
To be honest, I wouldn't spend $1500 on one option, regardless of convenience. It would be better suited in a package like the Genesis does. They have the Signature, Tech, and Ultimate packages. All have different prices but include a plethora of goodies. A Stinger "Tech" package should include the 360 camera and wireless charging with maybe a few more options for about $2000. That seems more than practical and should be optional on all trim levels. Like you said, just my two cents!