Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Can we get a Kia Stinger LAP3 installation video or picture?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Just received my lap3 in the mail and have no idea how to install, can anyone help?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Can you post a picture of what it comes with?

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
I did it on my optima I just can't seem to find where the sensors are on the stinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
I have a video when I installed it in our Stinger, I just have no idea how to post a video.

The first plug is the one on the intercooler pipe heading to the throttle body, the second is on the intake manifold from the back facing the firewall. To access the second one you need to remove the plastic engine cover.

If you would like I can send you the video by email.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
I have a video when I installed it in our Stinger, I just have no idea how to post a video.
I believe this forum software requires you to host the video somewhere else, then link to it. Simplest is YouTube, and everyone would benefit if you share here, instead of by email.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

The first plug is the one on the intercooler pipe heading to the throttle body, the second is on the intake manifold from the back facing the firewall. To access the second one you need to remove the plastic engine cover.

Can you post it to YouTube, Facebook or any Social Media site? I can embed it to the forum afterwards. This would be very helpful for a lot of people.

OP
C
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7

Can you send it to carlosescobedo714@gmail.com? I'd really appreciate it

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Stinger, did you track your car after installing the LAP3? I'm curious about the gains in real world conditions. Wish I would've taken mine off my Optima before I sold it lol.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Stinger, did you track your car after installing the LAP3? I'm curious about the gains in real world conditions. Wish I would've taken mine off my Optima before I sold it lol.
Unfortunately I ran into some spark plug problems with the LAP3, you can read the details in the other LAP3 thread. We are trying to see if we can tune it directly, if not then we are going back to the LAP3 and see if it works out the second time round.

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Hi, I was reading over your post and that would be great if I may also get a copy of the video. Been searching but i can't find anything.cardona2728@gmail.com

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Thanks. I will try today. Question, did you change your spark plugs?

Thanks. I will try today. Question, did you change your spark plugs?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT

cardoa81

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Spark

No, we stayed with the stock plugs.
question, has your plugs burned off or are they still good. I know when i had my stx optima i had to change the plugs before using my lap3 chip.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks! Stinger already pretty [powerful but were you able to notice it even more so? I think the report is about 73hp with 93.
Have you installed OCC's yet and if so where to place to go along with the chip?

So have only 2 people so far had some type of spark plug issues? Have mine still set for 93(666) from my Optima SX.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
I have set to 91 (highest I can get here). Like others have commented, i don?t notice much difference in comfort; however, in sport the torque increase is impressive - especially at 60+ mph. Hard to quantify exactly how much with the butt dyno. It was definitely worth the expense. My better half also has a GT and she can feel the difference. I bought that OCC, but haven?t installed it yet. I did some recon yesterday to figure it out. I noticed there was a one way valve and stared wondering if it?s even necessary.