Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Skibox and towing?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hi, i'm an aspiring stinger owner and also a big newbie to the whole "forum thing" so please excuse me for posting anything in any "wrong places or threads.

So, I'm wondering if it's possible to mount a skibox on the stinger? I've seen that you are able to mount roof racks, but I think the short roof and the very tall tailgate could be a problem? Maybe you can't fully open the tailgate when the skibox is mounted? Does anyone have any experience with mounting a skibox on the stinger?

I'm also wondering if you are able to tow with stinger? I've asked my dealer if it's possible to mount a towbar but he didn't know and said he would look it up. Anyone out there towing with the stinger?

Skickat fr?n min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Welcome [MENTION=422]filipgolson[/MENTION]

At the moment there aren't any tow hitch available for the Stinger so you're limited to roof racks.

OP
F
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Welcome [MENTION=422]filipgolson[/MENTION]

At the moment there aren't any tow hitch available for the Stinger so you're limited to roof racks.

That's weird because the max tow weight is listed on my spec-sheet that I received from my dealer? I figure, why list that number if there's no tow hitch available? Maybe it differs between markets

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Can you post an image of the tow weight? Curious to know how much it can tow. I'm sure in time a tow hitch will be available.

That's weird because the max tow weight is listed on my spec-sheet that I received from my dealer? I figure, why list that number if there's no tow hitch available? Maybe it differs between markets

OP
F
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Can you post an image of the tow weight? Curious to know how much it can tow. I'm sure in time a tow hitch will be available.
It's in Swedish but It says 1500 kg

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
It shouldn't be long before manufactures start releasing hitches.