Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Rearview Camera - how to display while driving?

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Hiya! We just had a great drive to the coast in our GT2. We wanted to display the rearview on our screen but could not figure out how to do that. In the manual, in section 4-112, it says it is possible to do so while driving but there is no specific direction on how to turn it on. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm attaching a screen shot from the manual for reference but what we really want to know is how to get it to display while driving and not just in parking assist or reverse? Thanks!

Attachments

OP
S
Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #2
I think I figured it out - there is a "view" button that I don't think we have on US cars...I'm thinking it pertains to not having the 360 camera...but let me know if you think otherwise.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The view button is only to change the view or activate the camera while the vehicle is moving slowly, but since we did not the 360 camera option we did not get it. You can not activate the camera while the vehicle is moving at normal speeds (10+ mph).

Zylan

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
robz32 is correct. I can activate the rear view camera (and only the rear view camera) while driving at 100kph+ by pushing the 360 camera button.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
i heard the same about the camera