Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

fees

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
are these legitimate fees proc/doc fee $244, and goverment fee $224 on my sales agreement

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Doc fees are negotiable as that's what the dealer charges, $244 is way too high.

Have them break down the government fees so you at least know what they are, I assume its title and registration fees.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Doc fee is usually $125 here. $244 is a bit extreme. +1 on what [MENTION=2]KiaFan[/MENTION] said to look into

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
I?ve seen various dealers around me have doc fees as high as $350. I?ve never paid a single doc fee on a car deal. I always just tell them it?s their cost of doing business and I won?t be paying it. Mostly they?re pretty cool about it and don?t want to lose a deal over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Habu968

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Doc fees here in NC range from $299-899 depending on the dealer......

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I buy all my cars by telling the dealer(s) up front that I want one price, F.O.B. the front door. If they have add-ons, doc fees (never heard of that on my Australian-built GTO and G8) they need to be in the net price quoted. I always get several "bids" on a net price and tell them I don't play "let's make a deal" with the salesperson running back and forth to the sales manager. One chance, one bid, and I keep them honest by getting several and letting them know they are competing for my business. I research what I want and always custom order. If you buy off the lot, the car may include floor plan interest the dealer has been paying the factory for keeping the car on the lot and you don't want to pay that, either. Takes them 15 minutes to sell me a car. How much @#!% profit do they need for 15 minutes work?