Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Confusion Regarding LCD Instrument Cluster Modes

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
1st Post - Leased 2.0T Premium Model Saturday (January 6th)

The Features & Functions Guide refers to Type A on Page 3 and Type B on Page 7. Page 3 includes a diagram whereas Page 7 does not include a picture of the Type B. What is difference and, if different, how do you determine which you have?

Also there are several icons that appear at the bottom of the Indicator & Warning Lights panel that are not shown on the list on the bottom of page 3. One is a circle with what looks like a "Mazda" symbol inside the circle. It keeps coming on and going off while driving.

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm just learning about the car.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Can you post a picture of the light?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Welcome aboard and congrats on the 2.0.

Type A is the base information cluster, found on the base and base GT; all other models have Type B, which is the larger LCD cluster, 8 inch I believe.

As for the symbol, it sounds like you're describing the lane keep assist icon. Do you have the drive wise/driver assistance package? If so, it's just informing you that it's actively helping you steer at that moment. If you remove your hand from the wheel it will steer for you for about 10-20 seconds, depending on circumstances.

OP
T
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Thread Starter #4
Welcome aboard and congrats on the 2.0.

Type A is the base information cluster, found on the base and base GT; all other models have Type B, which is the larger LCD cluster, 8 inch I believe.

As for the symbol, it sounds like you're describing the lane keep assist icon. Do you have the drive wise/driver assistance package? If so, it's just informing you that it's actively helping you steer at that moment. If you remove your hand from the wheel it will steer for you for about 10-20 seconds, depending on circumstances.
Not sure from your reply but I have a Stinger Premium AWD - do I have the Type A or B?

Thanks for the response!

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Not sure from your reply but I have a Stinger Premium AWD - do I have the Type A or B?

Thanks for the response!
Type A vs Type B difference. Most likely you have the Type A as I believe the Type B is in the GT1 trim or higher.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States

Thanks for the response!
Sorry, you should have type B, the larger screen, if you have a 2.0 premium. :)

OP
T
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Thread Starter #7
Yes, I do have the Type B and thanks for the help. More questions to come

MRStinger

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I have Type A (which does not show additional information like turbo boost.) Is it possible to replace Type A with Type B or is the cluster dependent on additional components for its operations?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I have Type A (which does not show additional information like turbo boost.) Is it possible to replace Type A with Type B or is the cluster dependent on additional components for its operations?
I would say all the wiring is probably there. I bet the cluster won't be cheap though.