Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

ceramic coatings

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
has anyone applied this themselves, if so how difficult is it to apply. I've watched some videos and they say to take your time and do a good prep of the paint.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Doesn't seem hard, just tedious. My advice is have a reputable shop do the coating. Ceramic Pro seems to be a good company to go with as they provide lifetime warranties. Doing yourself isn't bad but it'll save your butt if you happen to mess the paint/clearcoat up.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
prep....prep.....prep and prep. That is the key to applying any kind of paint protection on a vehicle. If you have worked with a polisher before and have experience restoring/correcting paint then you should be able to this yourself. If not have someone that knows do it.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
I have coated 4 cars, all with gtechniq or 22ple. You must must must get all the wax off the car.
Clay bar the car first, then polish if needed, then use an ipa wipe down or a dedicated prep solution with a da polisher. Gimme a day or so and I?ll post a pic of everything you need. Detailing is one of my hobbies. Reputable shops charge $700 up, but a lot of that is paint correction. With a new paint job a single stage polish may lower that price. On a new car I charge 225 plus the price of the product. I coated my current car 13 months ago and it beads up better than if it was waxed yesterday. The shine cannot be duplicated with wax or sealants.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I have coated 4 cars, all with gtechniq or 22ple. You must must must get all the wax off the car.
Clay bar the car first, then polish if needed, then use an ipa wipe down or a dedicated prep solution with a da polisher. Gimme a day or so and I?ll post a pic of everything you need. Detailing is one of my hobbies. Reputable shops charge $700 up, but a lot of that is paint correction. With a new paint job a single stage polish may lower that price. On a new car I charge 225 plus the price of the product. I coated my current car 13 months ago and it beads up better than if it was waxed yesterday. The shine cannot be duplicated with wax or sealants.
It sounds like you know exactly what you're doing. I'd bring my car to you for paint protection in a hot minute.