Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Finally did a full throttle run

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
So, I crossed 1000 miles and break-in is finally, officially over. I probably didn't HAVE to wait until passing the 1000 mile mark to do a full throttle run, but I figured why not; I've never gently broken in a brand new car so I decided to try it this time to see if it helps.

All I can say is, wow, that V6 is a beast. I expected smooth, linear acceleration but the thing shoved me back in the seat and pulled like a freight train. The way it charges reminds me more of a V8 than a turbo V6. And speaking of, I had no lag at all, but then, I didn't do a punch-and-go. Maybe flooring it from a dead stop will cause some lag, but I did more of a part-throttle-then-bury-it.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the 3.3. She's a bit thirsty but I'll keep feeding her the good expensive stuff if she keeps putting down power like that. How thirsty, you ask? I went from 156 miles to E, down to 154 miles to E, after that ONE 0-110. [shameful]

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Any plans on taking it to the drag strip?

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
All in all, I'm extremely happy with the 3.3. She's a bit thirsty but I'll keep feeding her the good expensive stuff if she keeps putting down power like that. How thirsty, you ask? I went from 156 miles to E, down to 154 miles to E, after that ONE 0-110. [shameful]
Thats crazy.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Any plans on taking it to the drag strip?
Absolutely, I'm already looking forward to it. I may even break down and get a tune before then.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Niiceee....agreed the 3.3 pulls like crazy, I did 2 launches, using the launch control, when I test drove a GT this past Saturday (no the salesman was not with me), and was extremely impressed at how it pulls. Lag was none existent and the kick you feel is great. Then is the brakes, those brembos can rearrange your internal organs and then some.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
I really like how easy it is on the Stinger to engage launch control.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Niiceee....agreed the 3.3 pulls like crazy, I did 2 launches, using the launch control, when I test drove a GT this past Saturday (no the salesman was not with me), and was extremely impressed at how it pulls. Lag was none existent and the kick you feel is great. Then is the brakes, those brembos can rearrange your internal organs and then some.
It was a GT? Was it AWD or RWD? I can't remember if it's just RWD or both that have launch control. I drove a GT AWD and it didn't have launch control

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
It was a RWD. However it had the Advanced driver assistance package, which I think gives you the launch control feature.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It was a GT? Was it AWD or RWD? I can't remember if it's just RWD or both that have launch control. I drove a GT AWD and it didn't have launch control
The launch control is NOT part of the AWD system. I know that it's on both the 2.0 and the 3.3.

It was a RWD. However it had the Advanced driver assistance package, which I think gives you the launch control feature.
All that I've found so far does not identify launch control in the ADA package. I'm currently researching to find out for sure where it comes from. I've had 4 different Stinger's in different trim and engine combinations and they have ALL had it but have also ALL had the ADA pack.

I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Bummer that is doesn't have it on AWD systems like the Porsche's. Those are bulletproof and do wonders in straight line speed.

The launch control is NOT part of the AWD system. I know that it's on both the 2.0 and the 3.3.

All that I've found so far does not identify launch control in the ADA package. I'm currently researching to find out for sure where it comes from. I've had 4 different Stinger's in different trim and engine combinations and they have ALL had it but have also ALL had the ADA pack.

I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
Are you saying the Stinger 2.0 RWD has launch control?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Bummer that is doesn't have it on AWD systems like the Porsche's. Those are bulletproof and do wonders in straight line speed.

Are you saying the Stinger 2.0 RWD has launch control?
YES! LOL It is available on BOTH rear and all drive models. It is available on both 4 and 6 cyl models.

What I cannot confirm just yet is which model does NOT have it. LOL I have yet to see a car without the ADA package so I can't confirm that it is part of that package. I personally think that launch control is standard on ALL stingers but I need to see a car without ADA to confirm that statement, though.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
YES! LOL It is available on BOTH rear and all drive models. It is available on both 4 and 6 cyl models.

What I cannot confirm just yet is which model does NOT have it. LOL I have yet to see a car without the ADA package so I can't confirm that it is part of that package. I personally think that launch control is standard on ALL stingers but I need to see a car without ADA to confirm that statement, though.
I have the RWD GT1 without the ADA package.. Mine has launch control.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Well that answers it lol thanks
I wonder though, why were you not able to find it? or you didn't try to engage it at all during the test drive.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Absolutely, I'm already looking forward to it. I may even break down and get a tune before then.
Please keep us posted as you go forward, even creating your own thread on all your progress if you're willing! Good luck!

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Might be a good idea to start a thread to list what MPG people are getting with the various trims, stock and modded...? Disregard if someone has already done that. I may have missed it.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #18
Please keep us posted as you go forward, even creating your own thread on all your progress if you're willing! Good luck!
Will do. Hoping to order the chip by Friday. [thumb]

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I wonder though, why were you not able to find it? or you didn't try to engage it at all during the test drive.
It was a mistake on my part. I had traction off during the brake stand but I didn't have it in stage two (need to hold the ESC button for more than 3 seconds). It'll then say launch control active. See link for [MENTION=12]ATXStinger[/MENTION] post regarding activation and use of the system. I wonder also, it shows the gauge cluster of the GT2 and Premium, not the base and GT, GT1 models. Odd

https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/283-Kia-Stinger-Launch-Control-has-4-second-window