Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

USB stick preparations

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT 3.3 AWD EU
Hi folks,

my Stinger is ordered and the remaining waiting time of almost 10 weeks seems to be endless. So what I do is some research in terms of good preparations. I was wondering what would be the perfect setup for a music filled usb stick:

a) Does the Stinger support USB 3.0?
b) What size/data would make sense? I?ve read in another thread that someone mounted an usb stick which took several minutes for indexing before it got operable.
c) Which file system is recommended?
d) Which file format is the best one that can be processed by the entertainment system in terms of quality?
e) Is there anything that you can tell me about a proposed folder structure to make browsing through the library as comfortable as possible?
f) What about album/song covers? Does the entertainment system display cover graphics and what do I have to do to get that running? (File name, image type, any size restrictions, perfect image sizes etc.)

Would be great if someone could answer these questions so that I can prepare the perfect music source for my new car. :)

Thanks
Andy

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
It does support 3.0, but 2.0 is recommended.

Audio system recognizes USB devices formatted in FAT 12/16/32 (preferably FAT32) formats only.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
According to the Car Multimedia System User's Manual the USB device formatted to the FAT12, FAT16, or FAT32 file systems are recommended. File systems other than FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS are not supported.

Also note that the audio file types that are supported are: mp3, OGG, FLAC and WMA (Standard/Professional). Note that iTunes files are not supported.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
Woah, FLAC support? That's pretty cool.

Do you get full ID3 data support with USB media files? I find it slightly annoying that there's no album art or elapsed time support with Bluetooth (iOS 11).

Edit: Answered my own question. It does! Going to use USB media for the time being.

Last edited:

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I really don't want to re-rip all my CDs to FLAC, but something tells me I'm going to have to some day!