Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger rear bumper reflector LED replacement.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Think, in germany forbidden

But thx for the information

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Hey [MENTION=12]ATXStinger[/MENTION] thanks for posting. I don?t have my car yet so I?m trying to understand how these function is comparison to the rest of the brake lights on the rear of the car. Do you have any full rear photos that might explain this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Hey [MENTION=12]ATXStinger[/MENTION] thanks for posting. I don?t have my car yet so I?m trying to understand how these function is comparison to the rest of the brake lights on the rear of the car. Do you have any full rear photos that might explain this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These basically turn the reflectors into functioning lights which I assume taps into the rear lights. Let me send them an email to see if they have install instructions.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
These basically turn the reflectors into functioning lights which I assume taps into the rear lights. Let me send them an email to see if they have install instructions.
I'm guessing as well. It said that they with scroll left or right with the turn signal so I'm guessing that you have to tap in there. Getting the reflectors out to get these in may be interesting. LOL

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
These lights, I like...and will definitely be installing them.

They tap into your tail lights and turn signals. They will turn on with your parking lights/headlights, they will come on with the brake lights (brighter LED) and they will also behave as a turn signal.
Removing the factory reflector should not be difficult as one may be able access it through the exhaust location.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Contacted both sellers and they don't offer any install guide.

Here's a message from one of them.

Thank you for interesting our product.
There is no special installation guide about this item.
Please check this part before you order.
If you have any other question or problem, Please let us know by e-bay message first.
If you contact us from 9:00~ 19:00 in Korean time, We will give product guideline in detail.
We respond kindly to any inquiry, such as way of use, product inquiry.

I will wait your reply anytime.
Thank you.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Installation should not be too difficult. The hardest part will be removing the factory tail lights and identifying the correct wires to tap into.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Installation should not be too difficult. The hardest part will be removing the factory tail lights and identifying the correct wires to tap into.
I agree it doesn't look that difficult, it'll just help save you some install time.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Oh we've got an account with the manufacture of these. I'll get pricing for forum members shortly!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Correct me if im wrong, but dont you need to open up the oem reflector in order to put the LED board inside? or is this a direct replacement?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Correct me if im wrong, but dont you need to open up the oem reflector in order to put the LED board inside? or is this a direct replacement?
You do have to open up and re-seal the OEM reflector if it's an enclosed unit. Unfortunately I haven't been able to inspect under the rear bumper myself, but based on similar products for other cars--and seeing how Hyundai/Kia generally design like units similarly--I'm going to assume that the reflector is a sealed unit. That means you'd have to do a bit of fabrication work to get this installed.

But fear not! We offer pre-made full assemblies as well. Those will be added to the website shortly. ;)

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Outstanding, the pre-made should sell plenty good.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
If anyone ever gets this installed and running, I'd like to see video of all that it does. That said, I'm concerned about it's legality in many states.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
If anyone ever gets this installed and running, I'd like to see video of all that it does. That said, I'm concerned about it's legality in many states.
I'll do my best to get a vid. As far as the legality thing is concerned, we've sold hundreds of products similar to this for other vehicles dating back to the Tiburon days (probably thousands in total) and I've yet to hear about anyone ever getting a ticket for it. I seriously doubt any police officer will even know there's an aftermarket LED board behind the reflector, and even if they did, there's no way a ticket could be issued because OEM functionality (i.e. the actual purpose of the reflector) is not effected. It wouldn't be a stretch to say this is easily a safe bet for anyone's Stinger.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
In my experience, once you're pulled over for any reason, the officer will rack up as many citations as possible. Also, a cop hungry for citations will pull someone over for silly reasons and again, start stacking up citations. In my state, it happens often. Any state that has Interstate 80 going through it, for example, does as well. Huge drug trafficking route and troopers from many states will pull you over for the smallest of reasons.

Everyone can do as they wish with their vehicle, of course, I prefer to stay as squeaky clean as possible. I don't need the hassle. The last time I got pulled over was for a whole 5 miles an hour over the limit on an interstate. The time before that was for having a plastic cover on my license plate. In the latter case, I was certain the trooper was looking for another car that was near me so I asked him, "you really came out after that Honda, didn't you?" He smiled and said yes, as he wrote me up.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Hmm, well it's understandable to be concerned if you've had issues with cops in the past. That being said, a cover on your plate technically is illegal in most states. On the other hand, adding LED's to enhance the functionality of the brakes and turn signals is highly unlikely to fall into that same category. ;)

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
That's just flat untrue. Sorry.