Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger on fire

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
[video=youtube;M4feW2WOljs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4feW2WOljs[/video]

Gretz Slowy

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Love to know the story on this. That thing was fully involved.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
From Google translate:

Nonsan Chevrolet Malibu vehicle engine fire
Chevrolet car fire picture 4th at 4:10 pm Chevrolet chauffeured from Nonsan service center to Gyeongbu to fire on the bottom of the engine in 10 minutes! The car that has not been released in a month is already a fire.

kia stinger fire, which is only two weeks Image Source - [Anchor]
Who carries the responsibility for a sudden fire accident in a passenger car engine that drove without any abnormality? Nowadays of the exotic foreign tea.
I have to wonder if that is just a copy/paste error for the Stinger part, especially given the "image source/anchor" part. Maybe someone with better eyes for the structural lines than I can discern recognizable features.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
From the hood line, I don't think it's a Stinger, looks more like a Chevy or Optima.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Really hard to tell if its a Stinger. From a first look I do not see the hood vents openings (I know they are not functional, but there still has to be an opening to hold and place the plastic trim). Also the hood lines do not seem to be from the Stinger. I think it resembles more of an Optima.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I watched the video twice, really hard to find any distinct characteristics to conclude that it's a Stinger.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
The original, pre-release Stinger fire video (smoky engine compartment) has the same text as the second paragraph in this new video, so apparently there is a copy/paste situation going on. I suspect only the Chevy Malibu reference is legit, and the other is attributable to a sloppy YouTube poster.

The car that has not been released for a month is already a fire.
kia stinger fire, which is only two weeks
Source of image
[video=youtube_share;OP6yn1T4oc4]https://youtu.be/OP6yn1T4oc4[/video]

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
And here's the original highway fire video...of a Chevy...from April:

Chevrolet car fire picture 4th at 4:10 pm Chevrolet chauffeured from Nonsan service center to Gyeongbu to fire on the bottom of the engine in 10 minutes!
[video=youtube_share;hcaaMx7IRBk]https://youtu.be/hcaaMx7IRBk[/video]

Also, it appears the (re)poster of the video that started this thread has made it semi-private now. It's still accessible by direct link, but not in search or in the poster's uploads section.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
[MENTION=105]ralzod[/MENTION] you've been promoted to Senior Detective[hihi]

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
[MENTION=105]ralzod[/MENTION] you've been promoted to Senior Detective[hihi]
Kia should be doing this. Maybe they'll thank me for debunking #fakenews about their product. I only want assurance of a 360 cam retrofit option, and I'll buy a GT2 right now.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Kia should be doing this. Maybe they'll thank me for debunking #fakenews about their product. I only want assurance of a 360 cam retrofit option, and I'll buy a GT2 right now.
don't forget the Qi charger too and other options they took off the US spec car. [sad]