Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What annoys you about your Stinger?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
So, there are some things about my GT2 that annoy me just a tad. All minor, nothing that takes away from the driving enjoyment, just a few things that could have been done differently:

1. The passenger side unlock/lock button is disabled when the car is running or in ACC mode; if you get out and don't unlock all doors, you'll have to go back around if you need to open any other door.
2. If you're in ACC mode, the battery drain warning pops up, with a beep, every few minutes; clearly this and #1 are Hyundai/Kia features, since my Gen Coupe did both too.
3. The mirror-tilt (in reverse) and the mirror-fold (upon locking) is wishy-washy; sometimes they tilt/fold, sometimes they don't. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the buttons are faulty.
4. You can't leave the wipers in the up position; I tried this today since I'm at work and we're expecting ice, and I wanted to leave something on the windshield to prevent it from getting icy.
5. Some settings aren't retained and have to be re-selected daily; things such as auto highbeam assist and media volume.

Again, just nitpicking, it's still a great car. [thumb]

Anybody have anything to add?

Last edited:

Icekold

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 G8 GXP
For number 3, the side mirror adjustment selector on the driver door determines the reverse mirror tilt. Left or right is tilt on and in the center position tilt is turned off.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
1) Rear blind spot still needs getting used to.
2) Lack of spacing above the rear view mirror makes it annoying to adjust.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
For number 3, the side mirror adjustment selector on the driver door determines the reverse mirror tilt. Left or right is tilt on and in the center position tilt is turned off.
Right, but I'm saying mine will work one time, and the very next time I back into a space and park, they won't tilt or fold. It's like they have a mind of their own, or work when they want to.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Right, but I'm saying mine will work one time, and the very next time I back into a space and park, they won't tilt or fold. It's like they have a mind of their own, or work when they want to.
Do you think this is something they need to look at and fix? If so, I'd be interested to hear how that goes...

Art9681

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Make sure you are locking the car with the key fob as you walk away to make them fold. In my experience, if you are near the vehicle with your key then they will open and stay that way even if the car is locked because (I assume) it anticipates you getting back in. I lock mine when I am about 15 feet away.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
4. You can't leave the wipers in the up position; I tried this today since I'm at work and we're expecting ice, and I wanted to leave something on the windshield to prevent it from getting icy.
You have to move the blades to the service position with a specific ignition/wiper switch sequence. It's in the manual under maintenance.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
You have to move the blades to the service position with a specific ignition/wiper switch sequence. It's in the manual under maintenance.
Wow! Great tip here - I knew I needed to read those manuals...