Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Paddle Shifting

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
Was just doing some research this morning and was extremely saddened to find out the car really doesn't have a manual mode per say. You can use sport + mode and use paddles but the car will still shift on its own well before red line. Kind of sad to see in a car for this price that is supposed to be performance orientated.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
FYI, from what I am gathering it depends for each region, not sure about the US. In some regions if in sport or custom mode and stg2 traction is off the car will redline and not shift automatically in manual mode.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
The transmission is "semi-automatic" you can play with the modes /traction and the car will hit red line (if that is one wants the car to do) but will shift up automatically.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I don't get a Sport+ here, just Sport. I've used Sport and the paddles to keep the RPMs in the range recommended for break-in. I've not done any real runs in the car to be able to observe the shifting yet. But I do know that in Sport mode, the trans holds to much higher RPMs before shifting. I'm hoping to get more info soon. I should break through 600 miles in the next couple of days.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Is it possible to lock it in a gear without shifting. Like put it in manual mode without shifting I guess. The manual says you put it in manual mode when the paddle shift is used. So if you're about to upshift and you realize you don't want to, you can't say Okay Stinger, stay in this gear until I say otherwise. I was hoping pulling on both paddles at the same time would work. Hey, a software upgrade???
When I was in manual mode I've redlined it by mistake. So It don't upshift unless I tell it to. It happened when I was laying into some serious acceleration and went to shift my 5 speed which wasn't there anymore. I also hit the brake instead of the clutch. All good. It's been a month and I haven't reached for the shifter or pressed the brake for eh clutch for a couple weeks now... No kidding. It's learning to drive fast and with alacrity all over again.