Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people test drove the 2.0T and 3.3T back to back?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Last Friday I took that afternoon off and test drove both of them back to back and boy are they different cars.

First I drove the 2.0T and felt that the car drove really nice, power was smooth and I had no issues passing vehicles at highway speeds. While I did manage to chirp the wheels a bit, I did feel some turbo lag which I'm sure a good tune can easily fic it. Still the ride was very comfortable and the exhaust didn't sound that bad for being a 4cyl.

The GT on the other hand, wow! Power delivery was instant and I noticed very little turbo lag. Suspension was exactly like [MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION] described. Very soft and slow speeds and got firmer as the speed increased, but it can use a few more tweaks to compete with the German rivals. Still power was abundant at all speeds and the stock exhaust sounded amazing albeit I would prefer it being a tad louder. All in all the Kia Stinger was definitely worth the wait. I've already placed a $1k deposit to order a Silky Silver GT2. [lovekia]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Good on you [MENTION=87]VegasStinger[/MENTION]. You didn't mention the colour you ordered. Anyway, I live in the city. In case you test drove it around open suburban areas, take it through and underpass or into an underground garage. The exhaust sound is really quite in-your-face but not obnoxiously so. In downtown TO (Toronto) I can hear the exhaust echoing off the buildings and it is F'n Awesome! Reminds me of a stock Ferrari 360 circa 2002. No kidding.

OP
VegasStinger

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Good on you [MENTION=87]VegasStinger[/MENTION]. You didn't mention the colour you ordered. Anyway, I live in the city. In case you test drove it around open suburban areas, take it through and underpass or into an underground garage. The exhaust sound is really quite in-your-face but not obnoxiously so. In downtown TO (Toronto) I can hear the exhaust echoing off the buildings and it is F'n Awesome! Reminds me of a stock Ferrari 360 circa 2002. No kidding.
Thanks [MENTION=148]Steve O[/MENTION], ordered a Silky Silver GT2.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Cool. Red interior? I love silver with red 'guts'.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
So I assume based on your test drives, if you are on the fence between the two (do I save a little money on the 2.0T and have a nice ride or go for all the bells/whistles and pay @$10K more for the 3.3T but have a great ride), in your opinion, you go with the GT2...I was wondering if it was worth the price increase and I think you answered that. I might do the same thing and test both when I go in to get the 2019 version. Thanks for the great info.

OP
VegasStinger

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Cool. Red interior? I love silver with red 'guts'.
Black int., without seeing it in person I didn't want to take a chance on red and then not like it when it arrives.

So I assume based on your test drives, if you are on the fence between the two (do I save a little money on the 2.0T and have a nice ride or go for all the bells/whistles and pay @$10K more for the 3.3T but have a great ride), in your opinion, you go with the GT2...I was wondering if it was worth the price increase and I think you answered that. I might do the same thing and test both when I go in to get the 2019 version. Thanks for the great info.
I was more curious to know if the power deficiency was worth the $10k savings. The test drive confirmed that I would not be happy with the power of the 4cyl.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
I get the reluctance to go red on the interior because the tone of red has to be just right. Sight unseen it is risky. I ordered a red can and swapped it for white when I saw the red was more burgundy (aka lame) than laser red. Enjoy!