Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Arizona Roll Call

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
when your on the rev limiter, through a period of time it will wear on the motor and break.
Sorry I meant to say OWNERS

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
I had a friend in the ARMY that did the same thing with his HONDA, he thought it was a race car from the factory. He thought wrong. :)
lol oh ok.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
New to the forum, just picked up my 2019 Stinger GT1 ceramic silver two weeks ago. I've watched a lot of videos on these cars and found out that the first two things you need to get, are HKS M45iL Spark Plugs and a OCC oil catch can and a PCV oil catch can. Biggest benefit to running the OCC’s… reduction of carbon build up on the back of the intake valves. If you Google search GDI and carbon build up, you will see how much carbon build up happens with GDI applications with the PCV systems. I also heard changing out the rear sway bar makes a huge difference on the handling of the car. FYI for all the owners out there, kia told me that they have been getting some of these cars back with blown motors an the reason why the owners have been over revving the engine and blown the left side turbo up so be careful. See you all out an about. Drive safe
Welcome aboard. You getting a tune next?[burnout]

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
No, the next add on will be a Injen Intake, Agency blow off valve, Magnaflow catback exhaust and a Ultimate Performance Front Mount Intercooler, and after that I will have Vivid Racing tune it. That's all the performance mods i'm doing. The rest of it will be handling, Ultra Racing makes a set subframe bars to stiffen the hole chassis of the car up, an like I mentioned in my first post, sway bars are a must and see if you or anyone can find some aftermarket Sway Bar End Links. I can't find they anywhere! I'm not modding my car to race it around, I just do it to be different.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Theirs one other mod that has to be done too the car, I did this to my kia optima sx and that is Aluminum subframe bushings. Aluminum subframe bushings will eliminate slop and movement from the factory subframe, while maintaining suspension geometry for improved handling, tire wear and steering response. Theirs 8 total, 6 for the front and 4 for the rear, but after you have them installed you need to have your cars RE Alignment done. They make your car true an straight.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Theirs one other mod that has to be done too the car, I did this to my kia optima sx and that is Aluminum subframe bushings. Aluminum subframe bushings will eliminate slop and movement from the factory subframe, while maintaining suspension geometry for improved handling, tire wear and steering response. Theirs 8 total, 4 for the front and 4 for the rear, but after you have them installed you need to have your cars RE Alignment done. They make your car true an straight.
Does the addition of the subframe bushings raise the noise level in the cabin?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Does the addition of the subframe bushings raise the noise level in the cabin?
No, if you want to eliminate the road noise or drone from the back of the car put in sound deadening mat, that will eliminate a lot of the noise.

On the Stinger, it's best to buy the Subframe Chassis Collar Kit that comes with the four Subframe Bolts for the front. There are ten Collars in total that go on the Stinger but well worth it.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Here you go for the Phoenix guys, from the Pavilions, another Stinger showed up, couldn't believe it. Some pictures

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
No, if you want to eliminate the road noise or drone from the back of the car put in sound deadening mat, that will eliminate a lot of the noise.

On the Stinger, it's best to buy the Subframe Chassis Collar Kit that comes with the four Subframe Bolts for the front. There are ten Collars in total that go on the Stinger but well worth it.
OK tks. The reason I asked is because I put solid subframe bushings on my 13 Camaro SS and it dramatically increased in cabin noise. Have you added any of the chassis braces?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Here for the Phoenix guy, from the Pavilion, another Stinger showed up couldn't believe it. Some pictures
How are you liking the injen intake? Great pics BTW

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
OK tks. The reason I asked is because I put solid subframe bushings on my 13 Camaro SS and it dramatically increased in cabin noise. Have you added any of the chassis braces?
I haven't added the Ultra Racing Chassis braces yet, that's on the list of mod's to get. I've only installed the subframe chassis collars under the car and the sway bar endlinks, the sway bars are on back order until June.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
How are you liking the injen intake? Great pics BTW
The injen are great, that Stinger next to me had the black Injen intakes. If I had the money I would have bought jonnytig intake but it cost way to much plus the cost of shiping it to the U.S.A. I'm happy with the injen.

It was nice to finally have another Stinger to hang out with...….

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Is there anyone else from Arizona going to this event in Vegas, if you what to go you need to register at www.StungByStinger.com. It would be great if we could get some stingers caravanning to Vegas.

Attachments

OP
ghedoicy

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #54
Is there anyone else from Arizona going to this event in Vegas, if you what to go you need to register at www.StungByStinger.com. It would be great if we could get some stingers caravanning to Vegas.
I'm there the following weekend... Figures.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
From what I've heard Matt this is a pretty big event, should be fun.
Giving it some thought. I am picking my Stinger up this Saturday at Towbin.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Did you pick up a 2019, what color? Are you picking it up Saturday if so you should stop by on your way back at the Pavilions, I'll be their.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Did you pick up a 2019, what color? Are you picking it up Saturday if so you should stop by on your way back at the Pavilions, I'll be their.
It is a white one. I don't know about the Pavs. We are going to Las Vegas to get it and leaving at 4 am. Turn and burn we will be lucky to make it home by midnight. Pm me your phone number and I'll hit you up tmw evening if we can swing thru.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
It is a white one. I don't know about the Pavs. We are going to Las Vegas to get it and leaving at 4 am. Turn and burn we will be lucky to make it home by midnight. Pm me your phone number and I'll hit you up tmw evening if we can swing thru.
I started a conversation with you an entered my info, just want to make sure you got it. These forums are new and we are working out the bugs.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I can see the conversation got your phone number but it won't let me reply to you.