Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Any Uber or Lyft Drivers?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Anyone driving for Uber or Lyft? Curious to know if it's worth doing it as a side gig.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I currently do Lyft about 5 hours a week. I already have two jobs so I gotta keep the lady intrigued and only do Lyft when she is busy...

Seeing that you are from Cincinnati, you will have a much greater payout than I do. You have around 1 million people in your metro area compared to my 60k. It is just becoming a big deal here in Rapid so more people are starting to use it. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate a bit because of your payout potential. In 5 hours here, I get about 8-10 rides. Payout all depends on your time in service, distance, and tips that you receive.

It is quite simple after your first ride is complete. The Lyft driver app works together with Google maps and it runs simultaneously. You press a couple buttons on a screen that is pre-determined for you and it generates rides on its own. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Dan

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I've been considering Uber/Lyft. From the research I've done, you need Livery Service insurance between ride drop-offs and pick-ups, to not pick up after a certain hour (belligerent/throwing up drunks), after tracking all your costs (maintenence, financing, etc.) it may turn out to only $12-$15/hour. So I'm a bit turned off of the idea at the moment. LOL

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
If you're leasing, there's a form you'll have to sign stating you will not use the vehicle for Lyft/Uber, etc. Not that that will stop people from doing it....

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Any reason you went with Lyft over Uber?

I currently do Lyft about 5 hours a week. I already have two jobs so I gotta keep the lady intrigued and only do Lyft when she is busy...

Seeing that you are from Cincinnati, you will have a much greater payout than I do. You have around 1 million people in your metro area compared to my 60k. It is just becoming a big deal here in Rapid so more people are starting to use it. If I were you, I wouldn't hesitate a bit because of your payout potential. In 5 hours here, I get about 8-10 rides. Payout all depends on your time in service, distance, and tips that you receive.

It is quite simple after your first ride is complete. The Lyft driver app works together with Google maps and it runs simultaneously. You press a couple buttons on a screen that is pre-determined for you and it generates rides on its own. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Dan

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Any reason you went with Lyft over Uber?
I've read up on some articles and a few scandles have been reported within the company. After reading, I wouldn't want to drive for a company like that. Search uber on google, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I used to do this part time, made about $300 weekend and up to $500 when there's a game in town. It's pretty good money even after you deduct the fuel and maintenance.

Mileage wise, I put on about 300 miles per weekend between short trips and long trips. Having drunks in your car were the worst as most of the time they're constantly blabbing non-sense in your ear.[rofl]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Danny5 Build Projects 21