Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people are waiting for the 2019 Kia Stinger due to missing features?

How many people are waiting for the 2019 Kia Stinger due to missing features?

• I am

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Not me

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I'll buy now if there's a good deal

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

avramd02

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
It's a marketing ploy from Kia to release the "Atlantica" Stinger. Most other countries get Deep Chroma Blue as a standard color choice as well as the missing features.
So you're saying they will be releasing a new model?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
So you're saying they will be releasing a new model?

I don't know if they plan to release more models. Just commenting on the Atlantica being release as a "Limited Edition" when in reality they are just giving us a car that's available Canada painted in Deep Chroma Blue.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Technically I'm not waiting for "new" features, rather, I'm still saving. What I want to see if if Kia - like Mazda has done of late - changes their configurations. i.g. I own a 2014 Mazda6 Touring w/Tech package. Today, most all of those tech package features are now standard in the Touring level, with the Tech package adding new stuff into the mix.

I'd like to see blind spot monitoring come standard (at the very least in all GT configurations), along with Electronic Controlled Suspension tech. I mean really, getting a GT with all the other performance and leaving that out?...

Kia would then drop in the Drive Wise package the 360 camera. Basically, the waterfall treatment of constantly adding a few new features and cascading existing features into standard configs.

I'll see what Kia does for 2019, and what specials Kia will have to clear out the 2018's and keep the factory moving!

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Raptor
We are waiting to see what the 19's have to offer. My wife and I test drove a GT2 AWD and absolutely loved it.. That is when we realized that the Stinger didn't have remote start??? What?? You have to have a separate key fob circa 1997... [scratch] No 360 camera?? No wireless charging?? For 52k sticker the Stinger is missing some modern tech. Come to find out that Canada and Mexico get these options and we don't blows my mind. Good things come to those who wait... I hope.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
We are waiting to see what the 19's have to offer. My wife and I test drove a GT2 AWD and absolutely loved it.. That is when we realized that the Stinger didn't have remote start??? What?? You have to have a separate key fob circa 1997... [scratch] No 360 camera?? No wireless charging?? For 52k sticker the Stinger is missing some modern tech. Come to find out that Canada and Mexico get these options and we don't blows my mind. Good things come to those who wait... I hope.
There's a blue one coming out later this year with all those missing features, except an app supported remote start.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
There's a blue one coming out later this year with all those missing features, except an app supported remote start.
True but there will only be 500 of them as they will be special edition models. And like it or not, they will all be blue and they will all have brown interiors. That color combo isn't for everyone.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Raptor
Well heck, thanks for the reply. So, I guess the question is, should I wait for the 19 or just by the 18?

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
I hear ya.

The loaded Stingers (i.g. Canada Stingers) are ? by a few thousand dollars ? less. Add in the currency exchange were $1 USD gets you $1.28 Canadian, and wow, the U.S. Stinger with fewer new tech features is quite expensive.

NOTE: It cannot be tariffs either. I looked into that. It appears in 2014/2015 Canada phased out car import tariffs from S. Korea. Another tariff DB also showed a 0% car import tariff on S. Korea into Canada. The US seems to have a 2.5% tariff on cars, but that might be for individuals, not on countries. Trump exchanged a steel tariff on S. Korea and got a cap reduction in US car imports into the country - Thus, the tariff threat resulted in the exact same steel program for S. Korea, but US being able to export more US made cars to S. Korea. Good.

So it appears Kia figured that the US median income, coupled with the fact it would sell the most in the states, was the target for the highest price.

It is a pretty simple lineup of car, without a lot of features people can pick and choose from. Thus, Kia was pushing for similarity in the production line to keep defects to a minimum, while keeping pricing down. 2019, I'm guessing, will be a bit different.

avramd02

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Are there any prospects as to when we will actually know what the 2019 (not limited edition nonsenses) will have and pricing?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Are there any prospects as to when we will actually know what the 2019 (not limited edition nonsenses) will have and pricing?

The rumor I read when the 2018's came out in the US was that the 2019's were going to come out early this year, like April to June timeframe. It's almost May now and I with the exception of these silly special edition models, I haven't heard anything new. Stay tuned I guess...

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
My wife and I couldn't pass up the rebate offers we were given. Between the factory cash and my veterans rebate we saved almost $20k on two of them.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
The rumor I read when the 2018's came out in the US was that the 2019's were going to come out early this year, like April to June timeframe. It's almost May now and I with the exception of these silly special edition models, I haven't heard anything new. Stay tuned I guess...
I have heard nothing of the 2018 - 2019 model changeover time period. I would assume since it launched (stateside) somewhere around October (if my memory is correct?), it will likely be in the late fall time period once more...

I am really interested to see what Kia does with the configurations...

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I have heard nothing of the 2018 - 2019 model changeover time period. I would assume since it launched (stateside) somewhere around October (if my memory is correct?), it will likely be in the late fall time period once more...

I am really interested to see what Kia does with the configurations...
You are correct, usually it is around October, give or take a couple of months. That's why I remember it so well because I thought it was very unusual for the next year model to come out almost right after the initial debut of the car in the US. About 6 months in this case. But it all remains to be seen. The article I read could have been wrong, KIA could have changed their plans....who knows... KIA was VERY secretive with the initial release of the Stinger in the US. There was a lot people didn't know about the car (pricing, options, etc) until the car was just about in showrooms (not the KDM demos, the US versions). So maybe they are being secretive again? Who knows... One possibility I thought of could be is that they may be having supply issues with certain options and color combos. They may not have enough for the US but enough to do an occasional limited quantity special edition run now and then. And then when the hype dies down and supply catches up with demand, they can offer everything to everyone. Again, who knows...

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Porsche Cayman S
I wonder why people are waiting, Im no dealer but just curious if they are waiting for some great addition to the already awesome Stinger.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I wonder why people are waiting, Im no dealer but just curious if they are waiting for some great addition to the already awesome Stinger.
A lot of people want the 360 camera.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
A lot of people want the 360 camera.
That's very true. A lot of people do want the 360? camera. Unfortunately, from all I can find online, it "appears" the Atlantica addition is going to be the only new options version for the US in 2019 and everything else will be virtually identical...

Now, that could be entirely wrong (I could be entirely wrong). The Atlantica could be a marketing trial balloon, and never hit the road. Rather, some of those features make make it as standard into the GT2 series to boos high-end sales, and maybe Kia makes a feature or two standard down the line.

I am waiting because I need to save more money to purchase the car. It's pretty much that simple for me, and I should be ready sometime in the fall/winter timeframe when the model seasons change. Maybe get more off the outgoing 2018's?...

Am I wrong in thinking Kia is falling behind many major vendors in offering safety features as standard, instead of trying to charge $2k for what Toyota, and others are just including as standard features? Not sure how much longer Kia can keep that up.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Atlantica was cancelled. The 360 camera will be available for the 2019 MY.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Atlantica was cancelled. The 360 camera will be available for the 2019 MY.
Good news. The features in the Atlantica were mostly what other countries outside the US had anyway. Hopefully most of those features (like 360 camera) will be included now or at least options. Here's to more flexible configurations for 2019...

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
I was ALL SET to buy this weekend. In fact, I wanted to do so this Saturday and thought I had one held for me. Then I discovered a fatal configuration SCREW UP by KIA that killed EVERYTHING for me!

If you are looking for a GT w/AWD, you'll get 19" rims with summer Michelin's on them. Great!

If you are looking for a GT w/AWD + DriveWise, you'll get 18" rims with non-Michelin all-season tires.... W H A T ?!?!

Have you seen the Stiner with 18' rims and fatter side walls? IMHO it looks kinda poor. The wheel wells, the car, it was all designed for 19" rims. 18's look horrible IMHO. Just something looks off, because it wasn't esthetically designed for 18's... And I WANT the Michelin Summer's! It's what I've test driven, it's what I want. Ugh...

This will be the most expensive vehicle I've ever purchased - did I mentioned EVER?! I'm not buying something I'm compromising on.

Dealer can't or won't swap rims, etc... if they ordered I can only assume it'd be an arm and a leg so I understand that... Dumb dumb move Kia Corporate!

So, here is to hoping KIA Corporate figured out for the 2019's most want the 19" rims, and performance Michelin's and to chuck the stupid "Hey, these 18's are cheaper for us, as are these non-Michelin all-seasons, so we'll say it was done as a ?ber safety package combo" nonsense... Ugh...