Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Share your Kia Stinger phone mounts

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
am i the only one who uses the apple[dictate] car play and puts the phone in the slide open compartment???

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
am i the only one who uses the apple[dictate] car play and puts the phone in the slide open compartment???
No your not, I use android auto and I put my phone on the charger next to the USB.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Not double sided tape, just a peel and stick pop socket brand. Crazy sticky! Think it may work in Phoenix, shouldn't fall off as it is protected by the center display from getting direct sunlight and your air conditioner will keep it cool! May be worth a try, think it was $10 at Walmart.
Sorry but that will still not work in Phoenix, when it's 118 degrees outside and you park your car anywhere, in less then a half hour your car is between 150 to 160 degrees inside, NOTHING that has tape or a sticky backing will survive inside your car. If you have your phone mount their an you don't have AC directly on your phone the sun will still get your phone to hot. You cant leave anything in your car especially electronics and drinks like water bottles because the bottles have been none to explode from getting too hot.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Not a Stinger, but this is how I mount all phones. Use the seat post as a base, fabricate a base out of aluminum and go up. Ram Mount fitting. Not the cheapest, but they are fully customizable, don't require modification to the car and will never fail.

IMG_20150611_190327172.jpg IMG_20150611_190345691.jpg

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger

slanick

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Russian Federation
What I Drive
Stinger 2018 2.0
https://www.brodit.com
Plain double-sided adhesive tape. But be sure to remove the rubber seal from Belkin, otherwise it will not hold

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
https://www.brodit.com
Plain double-sided adhesive tape. But be sure to remove the rubber seal from Belkin, otherwise it will not hold
I ended up using Loctite flexible adhesive plastic glue. TBD whether it will be strong enough. How's the double sided adhesive holding up?

mount1.jpg mount2.jpg

I may lower it like yours once the Belkin arrives, but I've been growing fond of what was supposed to be a temporary location since my phone can scan my face from that distance and unlock if necessary.

snowmirage

Reactions

slanick

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Russian Federation
What I Drive
Stinger 2018 2.0
Hu is that actually from Proclip? Never heard of Brodit before.

Looking at that though it looks like it screws into the dash? Or am I missing something?
No drilling holes or dismantling of the dashboard is required.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
This one is a keeper, my 3rd try
Buy this

$16.00

Cut or use plyers to get rid of adapter, under it is a thread and nut which is perfect!
Drill 7/16th hole
Wedge thread through, tighten nut. I did put a dab of glue on bottom of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

mzones

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
1999 Lexus GS 400
My mom bought me the Weathertech cup holder one. It works pretty well other than taking up a cup spot.
I only need it when charging. Otherwise i just but the phone in the cup holder itself.

Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
Thanks to all your ideas, I bought an all metal ball mount from Amazon. Its the peel and stick kind, supporting over 6.5lbs and is a SUPER strong magnetic mount.
Stinger-18.jpg

Comes with a couple of metal plates to install on your phone. I chose the smallest one and stuck it at the bottom of my case. Because it's so small, the wireless charger in my car still works perfect!
Stinger-19.jpg

Now, will it hold up in the AZ heat? I'll let you know if it fails this summer...

Stinger-20.jpg