Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Share your Kia Stinger phone mounts

Reactions
City
CARY
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thanks to all your ideas, I bought an all metal ball mount from Amazon. Its the peel and stick kind, supporting over 6.5lbs and is a SUPER strong magnetic mount.
View attachment 3516

Comes with a couple of metal plates to install on your phone. I chose the smallest one and stuck it at the bottom of my case. Because it's so small, the wireless charger in my car still works perfect!
View attachment 3517

Now, will it hold up in the AZ heat? I'll let you know if it fails this summer...

View attachment 3518
After following this thread for 6 months looking for the right mount I bought this one as it's exactly what I want. I actually bought 2 different models and returned them because they didn't have enough angle back over the summer and gave up.

Anyway, here's the exact model linked to amazon, I had to do some creative searching to find it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WRL8V4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
City
Ofallon
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT2
After following this thread for 6 months looking for the right mount I bought this one as it's exactly what I want. I actually bought 2 different models and returned them because they didn't have enough angle back over the summer and gave up.

Anyway, here's the exact model linked to amazon, I had to do some creative searching to find it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WRL8V4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Does hold your phone in place well on hard turning and accelerant in with just the single magnet at the bottom of the phone case?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

myharpoon

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger AWD GT1
Vent mount with wireless charging
20200522_160608_2.jpg

jamorgan4

Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger
This thread just gave me an idea on which car phone holder to get.

Reactions
City
Perth
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT
I use a Note10+ and believe I've found the most optimal position for a phone mount on the Stinger! I'm pretty anal about using the simplest of mounts and not blocking access to ANYTHING.

The magnetic mount can bought from AliExpress and sits nicely between two vents. It can be swivelled left/right, up/down and has a horizontal/vertical setting. Your phone's charging port will be close to the USB outlet so no need for a long messy cable!

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vFOX88 (one of the many on sale)

From my driving position It does not block the screen or the buttons below it once phone is mounted. Don't let the photo fool you, the buttons might appear to be obstructed but they're not. Photo is taken from a higher level so it looks that way.

Everything IS easily accessible from a seating position.

Last edited:

Tez_a

Reactions
City
Chorley
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT 2.0
This is my mount I found it on thingiverse.com and modified it to suit a iphone then printed it in ABS on my 3d printer.
after a lot of work and changes to the design I have now produced this mount.

B094BF03-5AB5-4742-AFD6-DA629CD5D35C.jpeg

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Apologies for the graininess and low quality of the picture.

I don't use a mount, I just use the cord and the case of the phone to provide stability and grip. I can easily hit any climate control button so I don't see a need to get one. I wish I could change out the vent brackets like the Audi above because mine have chipped really badly. However, they're part of the unit which can only be removed when taking out the dash (If you know a way around this let me know please).

Attachments

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
after a lot of work and changes to the design I have now produced this mount.

View attachment 4967
Are you willing to create & sell a custom 3D printed mount like this? I'm more than willing to buy.

Apologies for the double post.

Jenny33

Reactions
City
Hesperia
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia stinger
Figured we should start a thread to share phone mount ideas.

Been researching and think this is the one I'm going to get. Basically its a wireless charging mount that can support both Apple and Android phones.

[video=youtube;GwLAgbPvpFk]
[/video]

iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Wireless-Samsung-Standard-Enabled/dp/B0754NDNT8
My question is. How did you mount it without it over hanging? I bought the same mount and it doesn't sit up by the screen like yours shows.

Reactions
City
Raleigh
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT2
Any new ideas?
I don’t want it to block any vents, buttons, screens, etc.
Best in my opinion is just to the left of the nav screen.
I tried the Tesla one that mounts to the rear of the screen but the arm wasn’t long enough.
Not a fan of vent mount, cup holder mount, or the custom one that lays horizontal on the console.