Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Share your Kia Stinger phone mounts

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] just ordered one too.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
You're the man [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], any special prepping to get that suction cup to stick?

premraj

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
View attachment 338

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NL7GTXG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Uses spring clamp arms, I may cut them off and fit some magnets instead. The cable poking out is plugged into the USB socket and the cover (almost) closes on it. All in all, I think it looks quite neat.
Had one of these but it came apart (springs came loose). It was a pretty good mount - while it lasted. Hope you have better luck with this than I did.

premraj

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
I swear by ProclipUSA and have one installed in my current car (Jaguar XE). Was looking to get one for my Stinger before I take delivery. Exact same reply I got from them a couple of weeks ago. :(
Latest from the folks at ProClip:

Hello Prem,

Thank you for following up with us.

Currently there is no further information regarding the mounting bases for the 2018 Kia Stinger.

However, your email address is on the notification list for when the mounts are available.

When the product(s) have been posted on our website, you will receive a separate email with a link to the products immediately. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
You're the man [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], any special prepping to get that suction cup to stick?
I was very deliberate about where I put it because I wanted as much extension towards the driver as possible and for it to all fit without blocking the screen when the phone's turned horizontal. Other than that, I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember whether there was a prep wipe in the box or not. If not, I'd have used 91% isopropyl alcohol on the spot before I put the pad on. It was in the 40s (Fahrenheit) so I let it sit for two days before I tried to mount the assembly. Some of that time I tried to park where the sun was shining in the windshield to heat up the dash. I did nothing to the top of the pad or the bottom of the suction cup mount other than peel off the protective film.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Latest from the folks at ProClip:

Hello Prem,

Thank you for following up with us.

Currently there is no further information regarding the mounting bases for the 2018 Kia Stinger.

However, your email address is on the notification list for when the mounts are available.

When the product(s) have been posted on our website, you will receive a separate email with a link to the products immediately. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Thanks Prem for reaching out to them

premraj

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Hi All,

I am in the process of "modifying" the ProClip from my previous Jaguar XE. If I am successful, I'll post pictures. I sort of did a test fit over the weekend and I think it'll work. May lose the use of one of the cup holders though.

Hopefully, pictures soon. :)

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Good Luck Premraj. Let us know the outcome.

mattrain

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I for the life of me, could not get any suction cup mount to stay, so I improvised and macgyver this mount out of a Go-Pro mount, Go-Pro curved sticky pad, and WizGear Long Mount. Removed the Suction cup and latching mechanism, cut the go-pro mount down to size, still allowing it to latch on and off if needed, and set it in place... we shall see if this one lasts the AZ heat.

IMG_3791.JPG
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3795.JPG

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
[MENTION=1045]mattrain[/MENTION] Did the wire fasteners come with the mount?

mattrain

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Bought this from amazon. I changed to a higher quality cable since taking this pic. It works great with android auto. 20180419_184230.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

premraj

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Singapore
Good Luck Premraj. Let us know the outcome.
Sorry for the long wait.... work has been absolutely nuts.

Managed to find time last weekend to finally get it done.

8c2c567d-486e-466f-a522-8a30cd2ee351.JPG

IMG_0198.jpg

8f7b4452-a6c1-49ce-8344-96b635b3fb6a.JPG

c4e74894-7ba7-4613-8ce4-2e1c453308af.JPG

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
I went with this one and am happy so far. I let the pad sit on the dash for 2 days (40 degree highs), parking it in the sun a couple of times for a few hours. I then assembled the rest. One or two days later it fell off the pad. LOL But then I mounted it again (apparently correctly this time) and it's been on for 2-3 weeks now with no issues, about 3,000 miles (road trip to NC mountains!). I wish the arm would extend just a bit more in order to clear the cowl over the gauges. When I turn the adapter into "landscape" mode, I have the charging cable sticking out the bottom which ends up being on the right side. The charging cable then runs over the edge of the left side of the display pane. It's really not an issue - and certainly none at all if you keep the phone in "portrait" mode with the charging cable at the bottom.

While it may not be 100% perfect, I think it's the best option for now and am happy that it's a one-hand-on/one-hand-off mount that positions well and is closer to my touch than the nav screen.
The mount finally fell off the top of the dash. It was the pad that came off and the suction cup's stuck to it. This is garage-kept, btw, so not as often exposed to the crazy heat. Trying to remove the pad from the cup isn't straightforward and I've not yet looked into how to do it without tearing something up, but will. In the meantime, I'm doing without. Quite disappointed. Something more permanent needs to be done, IMHO. Open to more suggestions!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Mine also Kazz, mine too. SMH.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Open to bright ideas here. I can't see mounting with an arm coming up from below the front of the passenger seat, I'm afraid.

slanick

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Russian Federation
What I Drive
Stinger 2018 2.0
Combined "brodit" and "belkin". Very well suited for this double-sided adhesive tape
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_305.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_319.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_31b.jpg