Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Results so far

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
So we have been having a little fun with our new shop car the past few weeks. So far we have put on some mock up intakes and done muffler deletes. We have had some great success with just these parts. Here is the dyno chart from both parts added on the vehicle. So far we have seen peak power increase about 44whp and up to 50whp in the upper RPM band over stock. We have also almost picked up 20trq with the mods. No tuning has been done at this time.

Attachments

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Subscribed for progress. What?s your forecast for tuning?

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #3

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
In for updates too. Excited to seeing those intakes.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing your build and research with us, looking forward to seeing what you guys have in the works.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Thanks for your hard work and sharing the results! If you at all can - I know it's a lot of time, effort, and trouble - it would be great if you showed each mod with it's own chart. It's tough to gauge an intake's benefit if the mufflers are off, etc. And many of us will be making decisions and mods piece-by-piece instead of all at once.

Keep up the great work!

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #8
We already have an OEM piston and rod from the 3.3TT These things are built tough the rods are damn near bigger the my 454 big block check aftermarket eagle rods! By the looks of things we wouldnt be surprised if this engine can handle upwards of 800hp. And Yes I have another picture showing just the muffler delete power gained let me grab it.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
We already have an OEM piston and rod from the 3.3TT These things are built tough the rods are damn near bigger the my 454 big block check aftermarket eagle rods! By the looks of things we wouldnt be surprised if this engine can handle upwards of 800hp. And Yes I have another picture showing just the muffler delete power gained let me grab it.
Wow, do you have pictures of them?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Great job on the research. I guess the final piece now is to see how much the transmission can handle.[idea][biggrin]

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #13
Great job on the research. I guess the final piece now is to see how much the transmission can handle.[idea][biggrin]
The transmission is rated to 900ftlbs

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I'd like to find this out as well. My guess is the RWD and handle more power than the AWD but it would be interesting to know.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
[MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION] have you done any research on the stock intercooler to see if its efficient enough to handle more power?

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #17
[MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION] have you done any research on the stock intercooler to see if its efficient enough to handle more power?
Yes we have thermal imaged the intercooler and it is in need of help! We already have an intercooler ordered and being built for us it should be here next week. here is a video of the intercooler.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTd94UBOiy0

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #18
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Any plans to do benchmark testing on the 4cyl too?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
From what I understand, Kia has every intention to run the Stinger in the Pirelli World Challenge GT circuit with the Cadillac CTS and Volvo. They have the 260HP 2.0L boosted to about 22-24psi and pushing 415HP. I can't imagine that this monster would run any less than 500HP with both spools running 20+ psi! Gonna be a GREAT show!!! LOL