Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Results so far

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #21
From what I understand, Kia has every intention to run the Stinger in the Pirelli World Challenge GT circuit with the Cadillac CTS and Volvo. They have the 260HP 2.0L boosted to about 22-24psi and pushing 415HP. I can't imagine that this monster would run any less than 500HP with both spools running 20+ psi! Gonna be a GREAT show!!! LOL
Yes we believe this will easily hit 500whp with some simple tuning!. We cannot wait to tune this and create everything.

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #22

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
We already have an OEM piston and rod from the 3.3TT These things are built tough the rods are damn near bigger the my 454 big block check aftermarket eagle rods! By the looks of things we wouldnt be surprised if this engine can handle upwards of 800hp. And Yes I have another picture showing just the muffler delete power gained let me grab it.
As a Mitsu 4G63 owner, this is awesome news!

From what I understand, Kia has every intention to run the Stinger in the Pirelli World Challenge GT circuit with the Cadillac CTS and Volvo. They have the 260HP 2.0L boosted to about 22-24psi and pushing 415HP. I can't imagine that this monster would run any less than 500HP with both spools running 20+ psi! Gonna be a GREAT show!!! LOL
Now that's gonna make it worth watching again! Great to hear!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Stupid question:
If the engine can handle upwards of 700 bhp and the transmission 900lbft... the why wouldn't the company put some more bhp and torque in factory standard.(I.e. 450 bhp and 500 torque)....

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Stupid question:
If the engine can handle upwards of 700 bhp and the transmission 900lbft... the why wouldn't the company put some more bhp and torque in factory standard.(I.e. 450 bhp and 500 torque)....

Because they still want to offer a 100,000 mile warranty on the car! LOL No one is going to offer much warranty on an engine pushing that kind of power from turbo.

You also have to consider the fuel economy rules in place. No one wants to push the power ratings up to a point that you now pay an extra couple thousand on gas guzzler taxes!

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Stupid question:

I fully expect "R" or "ST" or some other performance versions of the car in coming years.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Very well done. Happy to see the aftermarket community recognizing the potential of this engine. Eager to see the progress you guys make with it.

Any way you are able to do a tensile and composition test on the rods? That way we'll know the material they are made of and how strong they are, so that a max HP and torque estimate can be calculated without blowing up engines [biggrin]

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #28
Very well done. Happy to see the aftermarket community recognizing the potential of this engine. Eager to see the progress you guys make with it.

Any way you are able to do a tensile and composition test on the rods? That way we'll know the material they are made of and how strong they are, so that a max HP and torque estimate can be calculated without blowing up engines [biggrin]
We could but no matter which way you look at it only way to find the weak points it to push the limits. Even if we were to get them tested yes we would have a much better estimate of what they can handle yet there are tons of others parts that can fail. I.E. Head studs, rod bolts ring lands, crank and so on.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION] are you guys doing your own inhouse tuning?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
The transmission is rated to 900ftlbs
Thats a lot, thats even more than 8-spd ZF and the Chevy 8-spd I believe. Were did you get this piece of info? I couldn't find anything online.

Also is the piston forged?

OP
Sales@Tork
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 3.3TT Kia Stinger
Thread Starter #31
Thats a lot, thats even more than 8-spd ZF and the Chevy 8-spd I believe. Were did you get this piece of info? I couldn't find anything online.

Also is the piston forged?
John the owner found it while he was doing research. Also we are not sure if the piston is forged or not.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
What?s the progress on the intake?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What kind of block does it have? How thick is its deck? How many head bolts/studs does it have? I dont see hyundai/kia having enough foresight on high boost motors to thicken the deck to keep it from flexing or pulling up. I'd be interested to see what it looks like/can handle.