Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT gets a 44whp gain just from deleting the mufflers and new intakes

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Welcome [MENTION=331]Sales@Tork[/MENTION], great to see more aftermarket support coming onto the forum.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Welcome guys

2 amigos

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The way I am looking at it, the numbers are skewed.

I see 343 baseline
355 muffler delete
371 muffler and intake

Where is this 327 baseline coming from?

Sr34sr

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Was ignition timing advanced for any of these Dyno runs?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I have done intakes, full exhaust with down pipes and 2nd cat deletes, plugs and LAP3 boost chip on 93. The factory piping is extremely restrictive! I haven't dyno'd it but I do have the AWD GT2 and it absolutely rips now. Even with AWD and the nannies left on I can squeal the tires in comfort mode. With the roads damp its easy to slide the rear end out if I'm not careful. Luckily the car handles amazing and it's easy to recover from slides. In sports mode it's a monster, scary fast which is exactly what I was going for. It also sounds like a race car WOT. Something unexpected for those interested, installing the down pipes (SSR Performance) with the ARK Grip exhaust actually gives me less drone and moves the drone RPM's up. It was around 1800-2000 with just the exhaust, after it's more like 1950-2100 RPM's. 65mph cruising is quieter with the down pipes on which is exactly the opposite of what I was expecting. 80mph highway speeds though its actually worse drone than before, the only negative. Fortunately I don't drive on the highway that often.

Sr34sr

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I'd still like to know if the timing was advanced for the Dyno pulls with the intake alone. It's easy to make that extra power with a degree or 2 of timing and claim it's an intake restriction just for the sake of selling a product. I've seen plenty aftermarket intakes not as good as oem , sealed systems. If that power is indeed with stock ignition timing...then great sign me up.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
The engine and ECU in this car seems to adapt to any mods you install on it automatically. It takes a few hard pulls but it learns it can push it further. If you put higher octane fuel it adds power (octane booster on 93), intakes add a decent amount of power (10-14HP typically). Exhaust added a noticeable amount of power and the down pipes really opened it up. Every mod I've done I did weeks apart from the next so I got used to what the car could do for each. Dyno runs show the same sort of results. Tork Motorsports has many videos showing this. With the intake I didn't notice seat of your pants power, but I did notice quicker spool times and less lag. Exhaust however makes a huge difference plus the car just sounds ridiculous :) The gurgling when slowing down is sick.