Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Illinois: Micro Blue GT2 AWD

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Shocked to be here. I parted with a car I've loved driving a year ago because I wanted something more current and bought a Fiesta ST. Loved the lightness and the boost. Wife hated it. But she's hated all of my cars. LOL.

Got my call Friday morning that they were in as I'd been bugging the GM and the salesman that I wanted to just SEE them - figure out colors, options, etc. They let me test drive a GT1 as a customer was inbound for the GT2.

I got home and my wife asked how I liked it. I was matter-of-fact that I thought it was a great car, but I had things to do in order to be able to afford it, financing, blah, blah. She said, "go buy it." I told her that just wasn't practical. After she told me to, "go buy it!" four more times, I went and got it. LOL One of the congratulations I got from the dealership was, "congratulations on owning the first Kia Stinger sold in this region!" Last time I did that, was the last car I loved (see above). That was back in 1999!

Not quite 300 miles on her yet. The color's amazing. The tech is stupefying. The power's grin-inducing. The throttle's frustrating and going to take some getting used to. Oh yeah, and the wife seems to like it quite a bit. Nice bonus!

Anyway, very happy to be here! Looking forward to learning about the right, proven upgrades without voiding warranties. Considering doing some Uber or Lyft once I get proper mats, paint protection, etc.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Happy wife, happy life lol. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Congrats and welcome.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Welcome [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] from another FiST convert. I still own the ST and also go by the same name over on Fiesta ST Forum.

OP
Kazz

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
Welcome [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION] from another FiST convert. I still own the ST and also go by the same name over on Fiesta ST Forum.
Thanks! I recognize the name! And mine's the same, as well - may be Kazz5. But the demographics and avatar should put things together. Love the ST Academy!

Congrats [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION]. Can you give us a little bit of info on your purchase price? https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/566-Kia-Stinger-Out-The-Door-Price-Thread
Thanks! I'm afraid my numbers won't be useful. For starters, we put nothing down on the FiST last December, so we were still in the hole as we traded it in. Second, where I am and with these being the first ones, they weren't going to discount much. I know the dealership - I used to work there. LOL Sorry! But I don't think they come more loaded in AWD unless it's with accessories. Sticker was $52K plus change.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Welcome aboard.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Aloha from a former Focus ST owner.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], glad to have you here.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[welcome] Enjoy the ride. Post some pics of that beauty [thumb]

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Considering doing some Uber or Lyft once I get proper mats, paint protection, etc.
Seriously? That's a Lyft ride I'd like to take!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Welcome

OP
Kazz

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #13
Thanks, everyone! I do hope to get some pics in the future. I have one with dealer plates on, one in the dark, and it's a very gray day here today.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Congrats [MENTION=328]Kazz[/MENTION], I currently drive for Lyft a few days a week and it's a good little bump in income. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Thanks! I recognize the name! And mine's the same, as well - may be Kazz5. But the demographics and avatar should put things together. Love the ST Academy!
I recognize your Clint Eastwood avatar too haha.

OP
Kazz

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #16