Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

second and third rate experienced dealers

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
I've got to say... in looking for a GT2 in a particular color, the experience thus far in reaching out to dealers has been astonishing and borders on either insane or hilarious. If this car is as good as I hope it is, the downfall will be the complete morons that appear to occupy the vast majority of their dealerships. Honestly, it is getting to the point of causing me to pause and think whether this may not be worth it.

You ask a question... you get information that may partially answer your question, but usually is only related to your question.
Ask the question again... no answer.
Ask it a third time... and you get more information on other vehicles... not the one you are inquiring about.

Maybe this crap works on a $15k car. But when you're plunking down $50k+, they have to get their shit together![:(!]

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Agreed. Probably pretty frustrating. I hope when I am ready to buy next year it will be better.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Same issues here, sent a couple of dealers emails about their inventory and all they want to do is get me to come down to the dealer.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I can't say I have the same. I'm working with one now and he's pretty informative on what's going on. If you are indirect (not in person), it gives them a chance to say things they might not say in person. I know we all don't like confrontation but it's the easiest way to get information. Talking on the phone or going to the dealership at initial contact is the best way to go.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
Said this to my wife the other day, went in just to be curious and check it out in person. Within 5 minutes of talking to the salesman I told my wife if I was looking to buy today it would not be from this dealership. Guy was a complete moron. Wonder if Kia realizes they are going to lose out on sales due to their extremely incompetent staff trying to deal with car enthusiasts. We aren't 16 year old girls who hear "heated seats" and get excited.