Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Insurance cost for the Kia Stinger?

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Rio
Have you guys priced out insurance cost on the Stinger? Can you share on average what you are paying?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I just got my coverage in place this morning: for a GT2 in DFW, male driver older than Methuselah (30 something), no tickets/accidents, Geico is hitting me for 123.59 monthly.

They've always been on the high side (and I've always been too lazy to look elsewhere); I may check around next week to see if I can beat that.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima SXL
Not an owner (yet) but spoke to my Shelter Insurance agent today and was quoted $174 monthly for the GT1 RWD and $160 monthly for the Premium RWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
hhmmm... I have to call my insurance company to find out how much...

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I just got my coverage in place this morning: for a GT2 in DFW, male driver older than Methuselah (30 something), no tickets/accidents, Geico is hitting me for 123.59 monthly.

They've always been on the high side (and I've always been too lazy to look elsewhere); I may check around next week to see if I can beat that.
I'm assuming you're older than 25 so I would check StateFarm. Beat my lowest rate by anyone by more than $30.

English D

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
Geico 111.24 full coverage went up 7 dollars from my 15 SXL Opt turbo

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
My insurer seems to still be confused about what I purchased. I eventually sent in a copy of the Buyer's Order with the VIN on it. [dunno]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Geico 111.24 full coverage went up 7 dollars from my 15 SXL Opt turbo
Ok - so that's not bad... I have an sx optima too, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I'm curious, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of Travelers Insurance company? I just bought out my lease, and in the documents from my credit union is a form saying they have a "relationship" with Travelers. Haven't contacted them for a quote yet, but if they're a good company I'll consider them.