Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger receives Five Stars in Euro NCAP Crash Test

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
Euro NCAP Crash Test of Kia Stinger
[video=youtube;k5C5cYOagnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5C5cYOagnY&list=PLU9zdsud17Y1DYndFClb3WYVzsPBNI3Hv&index=2[/video]
The latest batch of Euro NCAP results has been published, and it's good news for the all-new Kia Stinger saloon and Hyundai Kona crossover. The pair of Korean cars are among a range of new models that have obtained the top five-star Euro NCAP safety rating.

The Stinger scored highly in adult occupant safety with a 93 per cent rating, and a safety assist score of 82 per cent thanks to a full suite of autonomous safety systems. Hyundai's Kona scored highly in regard to adult occupancy at 87 per cent, with a respectable 95 per cent child occupancy score.

Although it's been on sale for 18 months, Euro NCAP has only just tested Jaguar's F-Pace SUV, with a five-star rating and a 93 per cent score in adult occupant safety. The BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo and Toyota Yaris were the last recipients of the highest safety rating.

Despite sharing many common parts with the Hyundai Kona, the Kia Stonic scored just three stars. However the Stonic equipped with the optional Advanced Driving Assistance Pack (ADAP) sees that rating move up to five. Dacia's all-new Duster was also awarded a three-star rating ahead of it going on sale in the UK early next year.

There was bad news for Fiat, as its Punto hatchback scored zero stars, a first in Euro NCAP's 20-year history. It scored zero in safety assist with the highest score being 52 per cent in pedestrian safety. This is in stark contrast to the Punto's 2005 Euro NCAP score, where it was awarded the full five stars.

Below is a list of all the cars that were tested in today's batch of Euro NCAP results.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Car*[/TD]
[TD]Rating[/TD]
[TD]Adult Occupant[/TD]
[TD]Child Occupant*[/TD]
[TD]Pedestrian*[/TD]
[TD]Safety Assist[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alfa Romeo Giulietta*[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]72%[/TD]
[TD]56%[/TD]
[TD]59%[/TD]
[TD]25%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]BMW 6 Series[/TD]
[TD]5 stars[/TD]
[TD]86%[/TD]
[TD]85%[/TD]
[TD]81%[/TD]
[TD]59%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dacia Duster[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]71%[/TD]
[TD]66%[/TD]
[TD]56%[/TD]
[TD]37%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DS 3[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]69%[/TD]
[TD]37%[/TD]
[TD]55%[/TD]
[TD]29%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fiat Punto[/TD]
[TD]0 stars[/TD]
[TD]51%[/TD]
[TD]43%[/TD]
[TD]52%[/TD]
[TD]0%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ford C-MAX/Grand C-MAX[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]76%[/TD]
[TD]60%[/TD]
[TD]59%[/TD]
[TD]29%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hyundai Kona[/TD]
[TD]5 stars[/TD]
[TD]87%[/TD]
[TD]85%[/TD]
[TD]62%[/TD]
[TD]60%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jaguar F-Pace[/TD]
[TD]5 stars[/TD]
[TD]93%[/TD]
[TD]85%[/TD]
[TD]80%[/TD]
[TD]72%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kia Stinger[/TD]
[TD]5 stars[/TD]
[TD]93%[/TD]
[TD]81%[/TD]
[TD]78%[/TD]
[TD]82%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kia Stonic[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]85%[/TD]
[TD]84%[/TD]
[TD]62%[/TD]
[TD]25%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kia Stonic (with safety pack)[/TD]
[TD]5 stars[/TD]
[TD]93%[/TD]
[TD]84%[/TD]
[TD]71%[/TD]
[TD]59%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]MG ZS[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]71%[/TD]
[TD]51%[/TD]
[TD]59%[/TD]
[TD]29%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Toyota Aygo[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]74%[/TD]
[TD]63%[/TD]
[TD]64%[/TD]
[TD]25%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Toyota Aygo (with safety pack)[/TD]
[TD]4 stars[/TD]
[TD]82%[/TD]
[TD]63%[/TD]
[TD]64%[/TD]
[TD]57%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Toyota Yaris[/TD]
[TD]5 stars[/TD]
[TD]83%[/TD]
[TD]80%[/TD]
[TD]63%[/TD]
[TD]57%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vauxhall Karl[/TD]
[TD]3 stars[/TD]
[TD]61%[/TD]
[TD]60%[/TD]
[TD]58%[/TD]
[TD]25%[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
NICE job KIA! I'm wondering how the Stinger does in the IIHS small offset crash???

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Look at that sunroof shatter at 1:50. Yikes.
I really didn't care about the auto braking but after seeing it in action, I definitely see the benefit.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Look at that sunroof shatter at 1:50. Yikes.
I really didn't care about the auto braking but after seeing it in action, I definitely see the benefit.
In these days where people like to text and drive, auto braking should be standard equipment.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
In these days where people like to text and drive, auto braking should be standard equipment.
And don't forget walk and text; I've had a few people walk right into my path at shopping centers while distracted by their phones. I guess that's why I didn't really think much of auto braking, since I'm always on alert anyway. But it definitely makes a good backup.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
And don't forget walk and text; I've had a few people walk right into my path at shopping centers while distracted by their phones. I guess that's why I didn't really think much of auto braking, since I'm always on alert anyway. But it definitely makes a good backup.
Sad that we even have to consider that these days too lol.