Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger GT prototype drive

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States

Most car manufacturers would be horrified at the thought of a bunch of unsympathetic, boorish journalists driving one of their development prototypes months before the car's official launch. These scruffy development cars have rattly interior trim, bad panel gaps and interim suspension components, so they don't exactly show the car in question in a flattering light.

It's rare to get anywhere near a new model before it's ready for production, but I've now driven the forthcoming Kia Stinger GT twice. Yeah I know, it's not as though I've wormed my way into Porsche's R+D centre and driven the 918 Spyder's all-electric, 3D-printed replacement seven years ahead of time (I'm guessing here), but having a couple of punts in the Stinger has still been worthwhile.

It is a 365bhp, rear-wheel drive GT car, after all. The finished product won't arrive until the summer and Kia's engineers are still busy fine-tuning the chassis settings, stability control systems and a thousand other things, so I can't deliver any kind of verdict on the car. But having driven it first in Korea late last year and again a few days ago in Sweden (they're really making me travel for this one), I do know for certain that there's a lot to look forward to.

http://www.evo.co.uk/kia/stinger-gt...drive-we-experience-the-hottest-kia-yet-twice