Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

US Market: Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

U.S. Market: Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

• 360 Camera

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Rear Heated Seats

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Back Rest Mounted Seat Adjustment Buttons

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Wireless Charging

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • UVO App Support

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Colors or Color Combinations

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
As we all know Kia has cut quite a few features from the U.S. Stingers that are found on other markets. Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

As of now, these features were cut from the U.S. Market.
  • 360 Camera
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Wireless Charging
  • UVO App Support

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Definitely remote start via UVO, for me; remote start fobs are so 2000s.

It seems like it would be an easy addition, since the Canadians get it, and the US K900 gets it, so, maybe it will come down the line. But for now, I'm pretty pissed about it being cut.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
As we all know Kia has cut quite a few features from the U.S. Stingers that are found on other markets. Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

As of now, these features were cut from the U.S. Market.
  • 360 Camera
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Wireless Charging
  • UVO App Support
Great idea to create this poll!

I wasn't aware of UVO app support being limited in the U.S. -- Specifically, what features are you referring to? Thanks!

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Great idea to create this poll!

I wasn't aware of UVO app support being limited in the U.S. -- Specifically, what features are you referring to? Thanks!
So far I believe remote start. The dealer that I had been speaking to had no idea that UVO was available for the Stinger, this is a good indicator that either either Kia never mentioned anything to them or that app support is not even available.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
This is a really good poll and I hope someone from Kia corporate will take note.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I agree, great poll. I would have to go with the current exterior color/interior color choices that just appear random across the trims. If this car wants to compete with the higher end cars like Audi and BMW, they're going to have to offer more choices. Maybe this is just now and will change in a couple of months, or maybe 2019 (I hope).

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
The 360 Camera got my vote, the big reason being is that its going to be more difficult to add afterwards. The wireless charging looks really easy to do on your own.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
Yeah, at least with wireless charging, you can buy a wireless charging pad, insert it into the cubby, and keep it connected to USB all the time (assuming it has overcharge and short circuit protection). I am hoping that maybe the Genesis G70 will include the missing features/options for not much more money than the Stinger.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I agree, great poll. I would have to go with the current exterior color/interior color choices that just appear random across the trims. If this car wants to compete with the higher end cars like Audi and BMW, they're going to have to offer more choices. Maybe this is just now and will change in a couple of months, or maybe 2019 (I hope).
I agree with Britay! This is the best poll out so far. My biggest disappointment with the Stinger is the lack of interior and exterior color choices. When I look at the "build your own" at KIA.com, I feel like instead of building what I want, the site is telling me what's colors KIA is going to make available to certain packages. I sincerely hope that will change as time, and availability, goes on. I should be able to order the top of the line GT2 with at least two interior color choices in any color that's available. In addition, I too want the 360 camera, heated rear seats, the buttons that move the front seat forward and backwards from the rear seat, wireless charging and all available colors. You want to compete with the others? Then you have to hit a home run and make it all available. I can wait to 2019 to buy a new car and get what I want. I'd rather not, but I can. I'm already sold on the Stinger and I really want one. But, like others, I want what I want...

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
I agree with Britay! This is the best poll out so far. My biggest disappointment with the Stinger is the lack of interior and exterior color choices. When I look at the "build your own" at KIA.com, I feel like instead of building what I want, the site is telling me what's colors KIA is going to make available to certain packages. I sincerely hope that will change as time, and availability, goes on. I should be able to order the top of the line GT2 with at least two interior color choices in any color that's available. In addition, I too want the 360 camera, heated rear seats, the buttons that move the front seat forward and backwards from the rear seat, wireless charging and all available colors. You want to compete with the others? Then you have to hit a home run and make it all available. I can wait to 2019 to buy a new car and get what I want. I'd rather not, but I can. I'm already sold on the Stinger and I really want one. But, like others, I want what I want...
While I completely agree with you in regards to available color choices, I will say that I still think this car is a homerun considering it?s price point. It is still $10-$20,000 less expensive than comparable vehicles from the Europeans. American car manufactures are not even in this class of car.

But I do share your frustration on the total mess in their marketing of available features in different markets, and even colors. It?s quite possible that it is still early and they will work these things out over the next year or two. But if that ends up being the case, maybe they should have launched the vehicle ingest three or four colors. And as they ramp up duction, add colors later.

There is another poll here on the forum which shows white as one of the top desired colors yet of the roughly 350 units showing up on cars.com, there is not a single GT caliber car in white, and when and if it does become available, white appears it will only be available with a black interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I wasn't too bothered by the lack of colors as much as losing some of the cool feattures listed above.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
While I completely agree with you in regards to available color choices, I will say that I still think this car is a homerun considering it?s price point. It is still $10-$20,000 less expensive than comparable vehicles from the Europeans. American car manufactures are not even in this class of car.

But I do share your frustration on the total mess in their marketing of available features in different markets, and even colors. It?s quite possible that it is still early and they will work these things out over the next year or two. But if that ends up being the case, maybe they should have launched the vehicle ingest three or four colors. And as they ramp up duction, add colors later.

There is another poll here on the forum which shows white as one of the top desired colors yet of the roughly 350 units showing up on cars.com, there is not a single GT caliber car in white, and when and if it does become available, white appears it will only be available with a black interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too think the Stinger is a homerun and a fantastic value as well. KIA hit the ball out of the park with bases loaded on this one. Frankly, there's only two cars I'm seriously considering and that's the Stinger and the VW Arteon. Arteon not available in the US yet though and even if it was, the Stinger would be in a comfortable lead.

I used to think the build website had some mistakes in it but that's clearly not the case. Now I believe the build site just shows what will be available at this time in the US market. I have a feeling that 6 months to a year from now, there will be more color choices (interior with exterior) and hopefully the other tech options will show up too. I just think right now that KIA is going full speed ahead to just get the car to market so everyone can see it on the road and then they'll play catch up with the features later.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Having driven the car, I have to agree that it is an impressive vehicle. However, why create such a nice car, spend so much money and effort on marketing, and then release the car in the U.S.with conflicting information on its equipment and less equipment than was on the pre-production demo cars and is available seemingly everywhere else in the world. And then there is the issue of lack of choices in color combinations on the Stinger while Audi, BMW, etc. offer many options for exterior and interior color combinations. And when spending this much money on a car, I believe its disrespectful to not provide customers with some choices in this area.

KIA has turned what should be a clear home run into a marketing mess that is turning off many of the people they are trying to attract and causing many of these people to buy another car or postpone buying a Stinger until a later model year.

Yes, the Stinger GT series is a fine value, but I disagree that the GT price blows away all of its competition. A loaded Audi A5 Sportback (granted, it has a 4-cylinder engine but it's an exceptionally capable car) is available for around $53,000 and many Audi dealers are willing to discount this price. However, the 4 cylinder Stinger does offer a remarkable overall value in its market segment, in my opinion.

Since KIA already has the missing equipment and leather with the other interior colors in house, I think they should quickly recognize their marketing misstep, demonstrate they care about the opinions of the customers who they are asking to spend around $50,000 on their cars, and quickly address our concerns during the CURRENT model run.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
Just out of curiosity, is anyone considering a different car, such as the Acura TLX A-Spec, which costs around the same as a Stinger GT1 and can be ordered with white exterior/red interior and includes wireless charging and 360 surround camera? How about anyone waiting for the release of the Genesis G70 to see if it includes all the missing options/color combinations?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, is anyone considering a different car, such as the Acura TLX A-Spec, which costs around the same as a Stinger GT1 and can be ordered with white exterior/red interior and includes wireless charging and 360 surround camera? How about anyone waiting for the release of the Genesis G70 to see if it includes all the missing options/color combinations?
I personally would rather have a 500 pound anvil dropped on my foot than buy the TLX but that's me. LOL... It's a nice car and if anyone else likes it then, hey that's good for them. I just personally don't like it. I hate the front end, it needs more power, from what I understand the transmission is weird, the dash and center stack look dated and if you get the NON A spec, I hate the chrome trim pieces on the lower front and rear end. Plus it's smaller and doesn't have a hatch. It does have an awesome all wheel drive system though. The G70 would be cool but it doesn't have a hatch, the front looks a little weird for me and it will be more expensive. If I decided against a Stinger, I personally would wait for the VW Arteon or I could spend more and get an Audi S5.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Jaguar XF 5.0 V8
Holy Moly! You have a different range of cars that I've never heard of so I went googling for the TLX and found this image :-

Which immediately made me think of

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
And the non-A spec looks worse. I hate the new trapezoidal grille. I liked the first grille on the TLX better. The styling of the original TLX looked good but everything below the front and rear bumpers was a mess and they purposely didn't put exhaust finishers on it. The TLX concept looked great but it too didn't have exhaust finishers on it and Acura neutered it when it made it to production. On this A spec, they've improved some of the previous styling issues and they put exhaust finishers on it but I hate the new grille and the shape of the headlights. Also, it only has 290hp and the transmission is slow and gets confused sometimes. It's also slow to shift from drive to reverse or park to drive, etc... If you were going to make a quick three point turn, you have to wait almost two seconds for the transmission to actually shift after you've pushed the button. The TLX is a nice car but that's all it is. Nothing exciting, neutered, a little small, down on power. I'd much rather spend another $7K for the Stinger to get what I want. But hey, at least Acura has the whole interior/exterior colors thing figured out and you can choose different interior colors for each exterior color... :/ LOL

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Range Rover Evoque
I did initially like the Audi S5 Sportback, but it is more expensive and I am not entirely sold on the interior. I may consider the VW Arteon as well. Does anyone know exactly when that car is scheduled to be released in the US? The only other car I would consider is the Infiniti Q50, but only if they incorporate Apple CarPlay support. I used to have a Infiniti G35XS, which was a great car, but totaled it in an accident (not my fault).

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
The VW Arteon will be a 2019 my car and is supposed to be on sale in the US somewhere in the spring to summer of 2018. The Q50 is nice but I'd want the Red Sport and with all the options I want, we're talking $60k. Infiniti does have really nice year end sales though and one might be able to get $7k off the price but it is a smaller car inside, no hatch and the interior needs to be updated.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
In Germany you can buy a Arteon. So i was looking for a dealer and get a closer look to it.
At first, a V6 you cant buy and then it?s just a Passat.
Also the front of the car is a bit boring, inside same impression.
Sure, they heave nice features like the drive-assist.

But its just a other Passat (boring) and more expensive.

Also Infinitis coudent catch me.

More money for the same car and with a loose of emotion.

My opinion

Grettz Slowy