Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

US Market: Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

U.S. Market: Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

• 360 Camera

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Rear Heated Seats

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Back Rest Mounted Seat Adjustment Buttons

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Wireless Charging

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • UVO App Support

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Colors or Color Combinations

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
The VW Arteon will be a 2019 my car and is supposed to be on sale in the US somewhere in the spring to summer of 2018. The Q50 is nice but I'd want the Red Sport and with all the options I want, we're talking $60k. Infiniti does have really nice year end sales though and one might be able to get $7k off the price but it is a smaller car inside, no hatch and the interior needs to be updated.
+1 on the Arteon. I believe we had this conversation in the Off Topic Chat board lol but I'll say it again, very impressive taste my man.

In Germany you can buy a Arteon. So i was looking for a dealer and get a closer look to it.
At first, a V6 you cant buy and then it?s just a Passat.
Also the front of the car is a bit boring, inside same impression.
Sure, they heave nice features like the drive-assist.

But its just a other Passat (boring) and more expensive.

Also Infinitis coudent catch me.

More money for the same car and with a loose of emotion.

My opinion

Grettz Slowy
They are selling them currently? I'm curious as to why you perceive the Arteon that way, especially being from Germany. I think it looks great and the styling is all but boring. Are there characteristics from the Passat or out-going CC that you can see?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Tehy heave them in the Showroom allready and i see allready some on the road.
This Arteon coudent catch me at all.
Its like a Passat CC with some little changes.
Inside its like all Volkwagens. No speziell, good Quality and thats it.
You get the same quality in a Kia Stinger, see no difference.
The engine is a TSFI, nice but not my sense of a nice engine.
I want a car with an enigine that gives me emotion and a big smile on my face. E TSFI cant give me that.
And a Volkswagen never coud do it also. Allways styled like a everyone darling.

Just my 2 cents.
And the "Made in Germany" passt allready a long time ago.
Just in details Germans now what to do. Get a look at the new A8 and you will understand what i mean. Amazing new features.

But that car is far away of what i can buy.
But nice to see what will come later to the market.

Gretz Slowy

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Tehy heave them in the Showroom allready and i see allready some on the road.
This Arteon coudent catch me at all.
Its like a Passat CC with some little changes.
Inside its like all Volkwagens. No speziell, good Quality and thats it.
You get the same quality in a Kia Stinger, see no difference.
The engine is a TSFI, nice but not my sense of a nice engine.
I want a car with an enigine that gives me emotion and a big smile on my face. E TSFI cant give me that.
And a Volkswagen never coud do it also. Allways styled like a everyone darling.

Just my 2 cents.
And the "Made in Germany" passt allready a long time ago.
Just in details Germans now what to do. Get a look at the new A8 and you will understand what i mean. Amazing new features.

But that car is far away of what i can buy.
But nice to see what will come later to the market.

Gretz Slowy
The A7 and RS7 are near perfection, A8 is close. When the Arteon gets here, I'll take a look. I know what you mean by "all Volkswagens", I've been in most of them.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Was sitting in a new Mercedez Benz E-Coupe.

That is what i call a car in perfektion. At least inside. Top of the top.

But the price is also top.

Gretz Slowy

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
German refinement on the E-Class is hard to beat.

Was sitting in a new Mercedez Benz E-Coupe.

That is what i call a car in perfektion. At least inside. Top of the top.

But the price is also top.

Gretz Slowy

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
+1 on the Arteon. I believe we had this conversation in the Off Topic Chat board lol but I'll say it again, very impressive taste my man.
Thanks again for the compliment :) Yes, I do like that Arteon. It's gotten some good reviews in Europe too. I do like the Stinger better but if the Arteon tops out in the mid to upper $40k range then I think the Stinger will have some serious competition with it. I have a feeling it will top out somewhere in the low $50k range though so the Stinger will be the better value. The Stinger is a bit bigger and much faster too.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thanks again for the compliment :) Yes, I do like that Arteon. It's gotten some good reviews in Europe too. I do like the Stinger better but if the Arteon tops out in the mid to upper $40k range then I think the Stinger will have some serious competition with it. I have a feeling it will top out somewhere in the low $50k range though so the Stinger will be the better value. The Stinger is a bit bigger and much faster too.
I'd choose the Stinger over it, no doubt. Good value on both vehicles though. The diesel would be nice for the states but we all know that won't happen...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Has anyone driven the Volkswagen Golf R?

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I'm curious what you'll think of the Stinger compared to the S3. Or the Golf R to those that have driven both...Since I have been interested in all 3 vehicles for my next car.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
I'm curious what you'll think of the Stinger compared to the S3. Or the Golf R to those that have driven both...Since I have been interested in all 3 vehicles for my next car.
The Audi S3 is an amazing car only if you are basing it on the handling and performance alone. That said there are lots of other issues that really bother me. One thing, the interior lacks a lot of features that you would expect in a luxury car. Things such as 360 camera, memory seating or power passenger seats aren't even available. Another problem I've been having issues is the MMI where the amp would just stop working until I restart the car. Size wise the rear seats virtually has no leg room if anyone taller than 6' sits up front.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I seem to recall the Golf R also has issues with the MMI (I think, don't quote me). Thanks for the feedback though. Can't believe it only has basic seats, wow.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
I seem to recall the Golf R also has issues with the MMI (I think, don't quote me). Thanks for the feedback though. Can't believe it only has basic seats, wow.
I wouldn't doubt other VW models have the same issues. But yeah if you have a family I would recommend considering something larger.

raytrix

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
So Optima and Cadenza both being cars that are a tier below and above the Kia's Flagship sports sedan both has 360 camera option in the USA but the Stinger in the USA is removed? What kind of logic is behind that decision?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
So Optima and Cadenza both being cars that are a tier below and above the Kia's Flagship sports sedan both has 360 camera option in the USA but the Stinger in the USA is removed? What kind of logic is behind that decision?
Get in line we're all scratching our heads on this one too lol.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Get in line we're all scratching our heads on this one too lol.
America wanted the cars before year end. They pushed Korea to get the US spec cars here as fast as possible to get them in garages. They've been hyping this car for a year now and decided it'd been long enough. The things that got left off are only for this model run and were because they were trying to get vehicles on the road as quickly as possible.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
America wanted the cars before year end. They pushed Korea to get the US spec cars here as fast as possible to get them in garages. They've been hyping this car for a year now and decided it'd been long enough. The things that got left off are only for this model run and were because they were trying to get vehicles on the road as quickly as possible.
You really think that's the reason or was it more profit related? Canada got all the options with theirs.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
You really think that's the reason or was it more profit related? Canada got all the options with theirs.
Oh, for sure! I've been selling Kia's for more than 16 years and have been in the central region's hip pocket on tracking the cars. LOL

Canada was different because they are ONLY selling the AWD and only in TWO trim options, not TEN like in the states. Much less planning needed which gave them more time to build.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
So you're saying if you want more options we need to wait till next year......?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's