Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger H&R Sport Springs

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Here are the details on the Kia Stinger H&R Sport Lowering Springs

Kia Stinger GT
Part Number: 28701-1
MSRP: $389.00
H&R Sport Front and Rear Lowering Coil Springs
  • 1.3" Front
  • 1.2" Rear

Last edited:

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Excellent more suspension options.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
They're going to have a very small quantity the second week in January--maybe only 5 or so sets. The regular stock inventory isn't going to be available until early/mid February. The drop is supposedly 1.2" front/1" rear, so a mild drop, though I was told to wait for the official marketing info for clarification. (Assuming that first 5 sets will be used for final measurements). They are not offering up the part # yet unfortunately but it's the only spring they're expecting to have for the Stinger anyway.

OP
CajunStinger
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Thread Starter #4
They're going to have a very small quantity the second week in January--maybe only 5 or so sets. The regular stock inventory isn't going to be available until early/mid February. The drop is supposedly 1.2" front/1" rear, so a mild drop, though I was told to wait for the official marketing info for clarification. (Assuming that first 5 sets will be used for final measurements). They are not offering up the part # yet unfortunately but it's the only spring they're expecting to have for the Stinger anyway.
That seems to be more mild than Eibach.

OP
CajunStinger
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Thread Starter #5
Just got an update from H&R, the springs are now available.

Part# 28701-1 $389.00 Kit

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Just got an update from H&R, the springs are now available.

Part# 28701-1 $389.00 Kit
Damn dude you beat me to it. ;) I was actually thinking about doing an introductory group buy on these for forum members. It'll probably be like $275 shipped to US destinations. However there are none in stock...shipping of the first batch will be end of Feb.

Also, they changed the specs to 1.3" front, 1.2" rear compared to the pre-production product sheet.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Damn dude you beat me to it. ;) I was actually thinking about doing an introductory group buy on these for forum members. It'll probably be like $275 shipped to US destinations. However there are none in stock...shipping of the first batch will be end of Feb.

Also, they changed the specs to 1.3" front, 1.2" rear compared to the pre-production product sheet.
That's almost on par with Eibach.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
That's almost on par with Eibach.
Yea basically the same thing so these are a toss-up. I'm surprised H&R changed their minds on the specs though. They usually go after a more conservative drop, and that's what their original product spec sheet said too. I did make it clear to my sales rep over there that I didn't think that was a good idea because demand these days is overwhelmingly in favor of a more aggressive drop, so maybe that had something to do with them changing it. I'm sure they can just look at the sales numbers and figure it out on their own tho.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I would have preferred if they did a more mild drop too.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I would have preferred if they did a more mild drop too.
Eibach should be doing a Pro-Kit and I'm sure ARK will do GT-S springs. Those will very likely both be options in the near future.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Odd that they are both focusing on the GT and nothing on the 4cyl.