Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

If the Stinger had an in-dash CD player would you use it?

If the Stinger had an in-dash CD player would you use it?

• Often

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Never

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Sad that cars dont come with CD players anymore. Not sure if it is possible to retrofit one in the Stinger. I'd be happy to have one considering I've a massive CD collection.
A portable with USB cord should work.

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
Sad that cars dont come with CD players anymore. Not sure if it is possible to retrofit one in the Stinger. I'd be happy to have one considering I've a massive CD collection.
Its little up front work but you can just rip them to a USB stick.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
CD...? I?m 46 years old and haven?t even touched my CD collection in over 7 years. Ripped everything to iTunes years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
what's a CD a cross dresser? no streaming all the way

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Sometimes. Sound quality in order from best to worst is physical media like CD's, direct connect like plugging your phone in via a cable (higher quality formats beat lesser lossy ones obviously), and last is over air like Bluetooth. I proved this to my gf by having her play a song or two over BT then had her plug in her phone and play the same songs - quite a noticeable improvement.
So, I prefer CDs for the sound quality but they are inconvenient to carry around in the car, so mostly I plug in my phone and play my music that way.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Sometimes. Sound quality in order from best to worst is physical media like CD's, direct connect like plugging your phone in via a cable (higher quality formats beat lesser lossy ones obviously), and last is over air like Bluetooth. I proved this to my gf by having her play a song or two over BT then had her plug in her phone and play the same songs - quite a noticeable improvement.
So, I prefer CDs for the sound quality but they are inconvenient to carry around in the car, so mostly I plug in my phone and play my music that way.
I agree, BT quality isn't that great.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I might. I connect my iPad through USB so I get the better sound quality rather than Bluetooth. I use to use Bluetooth in my mustang because of my setup I had. I haven't used Bluetooth except for phone calls so far.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
I think BT quality wouldn't be too bad if the head unit used aptX-HD over Bluetooth. I have a OnePlus 6T and their Wireless headphones which both have the aptX-HD qualcomm chipset and the quality is really good as opposed to generic BT audio.