Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Jun B.L 3.3L Downpipes

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

Part# JBLK-33CKADP

The Jun B.L down pipe set is designed with semi brushed mirror polished 304T SUS stainless steel, CNC mandrel bent primaries, TIG welded connections, de-burred and ported inlets/outlets for better flow. Larger piping results in dyno proven horsepower/torque from mid-range to redline.

- Complete 100% bolt on application.
- 2.5mm outer diameter & 1.7mm wall pipe thickness / inner tube welding.
- All Mirror Polished Stainless T-304.
- For naturally aspired and forced induction applications

Jun BL KIA Stinger 3.3T Down pipe, Kia Stinger Downpipes , Kia Stinger Down pipes

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Nice, that will get rid of 1 cat from each bank, there is still another cat right after each turbo. So with this it is still not considered a turbo-back. Wondering if it will throw the CEL with this down-pipe.

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Nice, that will get rid of 1 cat from each bank, there is still another cat right after each turbo. So with this it is still not considered a turbo-back. Wondering if it will throw the CEL with this down-pipe.
If there's no sensor then it should not cause a CEL. I can find out from Jun B.L if needed since I deal with them pretty often.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
If there's no sensor then it should not cause a CEL. I can find out from Jun B.L if needed since I deal with them pretty often.
If you can find out for us that would be great.

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
If you can find out for us that would be great.
Here's the reply from the Jun people in Korea-land...
"Catalyst of downpipe is 2nd Cat so there are no sensor to check Catalyst.
As a result it is not caused lighting on engine check light."

TRANSLATION = no CEL ;)

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Here's the reply from the Jun people in Korea-land...
"Catalyst of downpipe is 2nd Cat so there are no sensor to check Catalyst.
As a result it is not caused lighting on engine check light."

TRANSLATION = no CEL ;)
LOL, thanks for the translation.

So right now Jun B.L is the only company that is producing downpipes?

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

From what I've seen out there, yes. Jun B.L is the top exhaust manufacturer in Korea and work in cooperation with Hyundai and Kia on custom exhausts for car shows, promotional builds, etc. That's how they always seem to get a jump on the competition. I've been in the KDM aftermarket scene for years and haven't seen any single exhaust manufacturer come close to them in terms of overall quality (build/workmanship/materials) and performance gains. They've been the undisputed #1 since the Tiburon days. I know there are plenty of quality manufacturers in other markets, but as far as what's been available to KDM vehicles dating back quite a while, it's Jun.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Glad to hear this, so far I?ve been reading the same about their quality. Would Jun be the system you would get for yourself?

From what I've seen out there, yes. Jun B.L is the top exhaust manufacturer in Korea and work in cooperation with Hyundai and Kia on custom exhausts for car shows, promotional builds, etc. That's how they always seem to get a jump on the competition. I've been in the KDM aftermarket scene for years and haven't seen any single exhaust manufacturer come close to them in terms of overall quality (build/workmanship/materials) and performance gains. They've been the undisputed #1 since the Tiburon days. I know there are plenty of quality manufacturers in other markets, but as far as what's been available to KDM vehicles dating back quite a while, it's Jun.

Sarona

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Glad to hear this, so far I?ve been reading the same about their quality. Would Jun be the system you would get for yourself?
Without a doubt. I got a Jun catback for my Genesis Coupe in early 2009 and ended up selling that in favor of a new Jun model a few years later. The person who bought got rid of his Gen a few years after that and it sold it to another local Gen owner. That same catback from 2009 is still in perfect condition nearly 9 years later. Pretty darn rare for aftermarket exhausts, but the longevity there speaks for itself.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany

No - the german company Bastuck is also offering downpipes in two variants: one with a (probably 200 cell metal) sport catalytic converter for each downpipe and one "cat delete" version without catalytic converters like the ones from Jun BL.
-> click me

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
I have a ?18 Stinger GT2 TT and I heard the American Stingers are built to have a louder exhaust tone because of the relaxed decibel laws we have compared to other countries. So, with that being said, if I were to change out my stock downpipes and replace them with a set of these (I did buy a set already but I?m debating whether to put them on or replace the entire exhaust system), I wonder if I?d get much of a change In throaty tone and sound altogether. What do y?all think? My Stinger is 100% stock but I did order the K&N intakes but haven?t installed them yet. Thank you.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
If you will only install down pipes and intake there won't be much change in sound and performance, to achieve that you need to replace whole exhaust and if possible cats to. In short to get some nice sound and a bit of power whole exhaust system has to be replaced including intake.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I'm curious.... What excatly do these upgrade? Larger ID pipe? Better Bends? These look relativly simple to install (probally wrong lol, not sure what's actually under there) I didn't see any mention of additonal bung for a wideband.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I'm curious.... What excatly do these upgrade? Larger ID pipe? Better Bends? These look relativly simple to install (probally wrong lol, not sure what's actually under there) I didn't see any mention of additonal bung for a wideband.

Yes increased performance due to more efficient air flow, better sound, etc. downpipes are always a good addition to a catback. Not 100% necessary but they also make quieter exhausts sound more aggressive too.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
There is a small secondary cat on the downpipe that gets deleted, so that is the primary performance increase. There really isn't a NEED for a wideband. You can get all the info from an OBD2 scanner and app. It's viewable on the JB4 canbus app too. If you're old school and like gauges, you would have to manually weld in your own bung into the pipes.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Has anyone installed these? I am thinking of adding these to my ARK Grip exhaust but if it's really difficult to install I may skip it. Pictures would be awesome.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Has anyone installed these? I am thinking of adding these to my ARK Grip exhaust but if it's really difficult to install I may skip it. Pictures would be awesome.

We installed these along with a Jun cat back exhaust and it was pretty darn straight forward. We are talking just a few bolts and everything popped right in. I definitely cannot see your installer having an issue with this

Are you looking for pricing on the downpipe?s? If so, I?m sure I can throw you some numbers.